1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

I have two problem with flipbook

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by max30, Jan 23, 2008.

1. max30

max30

1 - The last time that i have attempted add a image the program show me the next message:
    ---------------------------
    Director Player Error
    Object expected

Script Error. Continue?
    Sí No
    I can add swf files and folders with images.

Where is the problem ?

2- All flipbooks that i have published when reach to the last page or first page not permit to return page or move forward , respectively, and rest bloqued in that page.

There are solution ?

PD. Sorry, my english is dreadful, awful, horribilis, etc...

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Max.
    Your English is terrific.

I wish I could speak Spanish half that well. :)

Can you point me to one of your Flipbooks? If you have put one on the web, show it to me.

- Marc

3. max30

max30

Hello:
    Resolved at least partially .
    With respect problem 2 i had a bad configuration in preferences and now is ok.
    However cannot add an image (all rest of options work fine). Every time that attempt add an image (click in button add an image) the program show following error message:
    "Object expected. Script error. Continue?".
    If click "yes" not occurs nothing but if click "no" program is closed instantly.
    Thanks again.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Max.
    What sort of images are you having troubles with?

Are you trying to import a Jpeg?

There may be something in the software that is not accepting .bmp images. I'm finding that the software will import a .bmp, but is then renaming the file to have a .jpg extension.

the file isn't a jpeg and the software is getting confused.
    This is just a test - I may be wrong.

Can you attach one of the images you're speaking of?

5. max30

max30

Hello:
    In a rar i send you two files. One of them is a demo-capture screen snapshots of webgraphics where appear "expected error".
    Other file into rar is a flipbook that when reach to the last page or first page not permit to return page or move forward , respectively, and rest bloqued in that page, even though choosing option always opened i can eliminate this inconvenient.
    Download dir:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/86794296/I_have_two_problem_with_flipbook_.rar.html

6. max30

max30

Hello:
    I must understand that if there is not an answer is that neither there is a solution ?.
    In that case I suppose that it deals with of a bug of the program that it must be repaired as soon as possible.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Max.
    I've sent this coding issue off to my programmer. I'm awaiting word.

In the meantime, since I'm unable to figure this out immediately for you, I'd be happy to issue a refund. Please PM me your Order Confirmation number and I'll take care of it.

Please hang in there with me.
    I'm looking into this issue.

(if anybody reading this can help shed some light on the above, it would help. Anybody else having this exact issue?)

- Marc

8. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

I viewed the video and followed the exact same steps and got the same error.

In fact, no matter what I do now, I can't add an image. I can import a folder, clear the images, add a .swf file, but, add an image always gives me that error.

Tried default preferences and changing some of the preferences but that didn't help either.

I also get an error if I add a .swf file and don't select a file, but, cancel. I had gotten that error the first time with add an image, by not selecting a file, but now I just get an error when clicking the button.

Running WinXP and WGC V3.0

9. max30

max30

Hello Marc:
    I love this program. I do not intend reimbursement. Only that may be repaired the bug to fully enjoy the program.
    Tx again.

10. max30

max30

Hello Marc:
    There is some newness of your programmer with respect to this problem ?.
    I believe that already has passed the sufficient time to have an answer for your part. It is correct this?.
    Of course I continue with the same problem.

Tx again.

Max30

11. kapearl

kapearl

I have this same problem. I get the object expected error. The first time I used the flipbook, I was able to create a flip book by adding images no problem. The second time I tried (about 20 minutes later after closing and restarting the program) I got the script errors. I can't add jpgs or swf. Rebooting didn't help.

I can however import a whole folder. So at least it works that way.

12. Mr Laughingbird

Hmmm....
    Something happens when you clear the flip book archive. (when you hit the 'clear' button).

The jpegs are no longer able to be read back in.

Clear the form - (the flip book) so that nothing is in the graphics folder.
    then, Try importing just one jpeg. You'll get the error.

Clear the form again and import a folder full of jpegs. The folder option works.

So, for now - load up a folder full of the images you want (weather it be one, four or 30) and import this folder. See if it works for you.

We're re-doing this section of the software!

Marc

13. hovenkamp

hovenkamp

Hello there,

I also have the same problem; if i'm trying to import a picture (jpg) I also get the following message: Object expected / Script error. continue Yes/No.

Just downloaded the software last night.

Harald

14. captphrank

captphrank

Marc.. Iwrote you a couple of days ago about this very problem.. I can't
    ADD An IMage" I get that exact same message. I don't want my money back, I just want the program to work...One more question, Can a SWF file be converted to a Gif.?.. Thanks...capt.

15. captphrank

captphrank

Marc, I just noticed something, all these problems that I'm having were written a year ago!!!..and the program still doesn't work?... I wish I had known this before I bought it...Has anything been done to Fix this problem...capt.

16. captphrank

captphrank

Harald, your not alone. I have the same problem, I've been struggling with it for 4 days now...I didn't come to the forum though. I should have. If you read some of the letters with people having the same problem as You and I, look at the dates on some of the letters...This was happening a Year ago!!!..and it still isn't fixed...capt.