I have been overcharged

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by nyakki, May 4, 2006.

1. nyakki

nyakki

Having a little trouble with your shopping cart.

I purchased an update.
    I deleted the extended download option.
    I shopped around, thought the upgrade was good enough for now, and went to check out.

At this time my cart was showing 1 item (the upgrade to TLC Mac Version for $19.95)

I entered my credit card info
    Got transferred to Credit Card Double Checking page
    Got the the download page and had a Windows Corporate Logo Version and the Extended Download there as well. I don't own a Windows machine so I thought this was strange.

I went to view my invoice and there it was: Windows CLV $29.95 and Extended DL $6.99 for a grand total of $61.90 (with tax).

During the verification of my credit card, I never saw how much I was going to be charged as well as not making a final OK. So, all I had was my shopping cart to go on, which only had 1 item.

I went to contact you guys about this but I'm told that you use a third party for your check out (which is fine) except you don't offer an e-mail address for them... just a 1-800 number. I can't use this since I'm not in the States at the moment.

I would like this resolved as soon as possible. Can you please give me a contact e-mail to either your company or the company that charged my card?

Thanks,

nyakki

2. KD-did

KD-did

nyakki, just write a PM to Marc (laughingbird) with your order number and with an explaination and he'll take care of you.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Got the PM from Nyaak.
    I'll take care of this. Very odd.

- Marc

4. nyakki

nyakki

Thanks for the quick response.

I think I know what might have happened.

I'm checking out and I see a place to enter a Promo code.

Whenever I see one of these, I do a quick Google search to see if those Promo Code sites have any (I do this all the time with Amazon and GoDaddy - you'd be amazed on what's out there).

Well, there was one link that I clicked on but it was someone else's shopping cart.

Closing that window, I just proceeded with my check out. :duh:

If, somehow, that Goggle link shopping cart added to my shopping cart, and since I didn't refresh my shopping cart window (didn't think I needed to), and if the order taking company doesn't really look at what is submitted but at cookies or something else that could have been added by that other link, then that might have caused the added items.

As it turns out, this could have a happy ending...

One item I wanted to get was eCover Creator but had to think on it... but I'm a sucker for discounts and on my invoice for TLC there was a 20% off my next purchase...

I went out and bought eCover Creator (making sure I did nothing else web-wise) and everything went smoothly (that's when I started thinking about what I did differently - and remembered the Google search).

How's that for confidence in a company :Rah:

5. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

I'll add my own experience to this conversation. With regard to cookies being cumulative...that could very well be what happened. I know purchases that I personally have made at certain e-tailers do add cookies from seperate open windows. Even though you may have seperate windows open, the cookie is stored in the cache and since there is only one cache, any window that can affect the cookie stored in cache will do so.

Also, as good practice, it's always wise to refresh your windows while shopping online. Any good e-tailer will present a final window for totals to allow the shopper to double-check thier order before checkout.

6. nyakki

nyakki

Just an update.

As of today, the chargeback has not appeared on my credit card. Just wish to confirm that the request on your end has been put in to your shopping cart company.

Thanks,

nyakki

7. KD-did

KD-did

From my own experience I can tell you some cards are VERY slow at showing refunds...like Discover. Send a PM to laughingbird with the information so he can double check.