I got a bone to pick with you people

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Gravy, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Gravy

Gravy

I've only been using TLC for a couple of weeks. I came up with some nice things within only a few minutes. I then proceeded to make a some avatars for a couple of my online clan members. Now they all want one. And our site admins are asking for new logos too. "Cool" you say TLC has turned you into the life of the party. Phooie there are 865 members and new ones joining everyday. I'll never be done.

Thanks for a great product my clan appreciates it.

Gravy

One of these days I'll get around to making myself a new avatar.
    BTW here is a sample of a couple I have done.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Ha!
    Hi Gravy! Thanks for the kind words.
    (and what the heck kind of clan are you in anyway!?)

... 865 members all wanting their own Avatar?
    Charge 'em each $5 and have them send you an image they want (to save you some time).

It'll take you 432 hours (if you took 1/2 an hour to create each one) but you could make $4,325! (if you worked straight through, 432 hours is 18 days).

... nah. You're right, you'll never be done !

- Marc

3. jamirae

jamirae

hey those are some nice avatars, Gravy!

yeah.. great idea, Marc! $4,325 in 18 days.. no sleep or food breaks, though.. ha ha.. so you could do it in a month.. that wouldnt be too bad. :)

4. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

I hope this works !!

I uploaded 3 logos, two in .gif format and one in .jpg format. When I previewed my post I could see "attached thumbnails" link after my text but the links weren't clickable. That was using Opera as my browser.
    I'm now in the forum using IE so I hope my thumbnails will now be visible. If they are then this forum is obviously browser dependant. Here goes ............

5. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

It didn't work ........ again I see "Attached Thumbnails" but it's not clickable ..........
    Woe is me !!

6. jamirae

jamirae

hmmm odd... I see one of them there. I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it works for me.

7. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

I see it too now Jami ........... wonder why it took so long to display......... I refreshed the page several times to make sure it was updated. Very strange ...... doo de doo dee ........... spooky !!

8. jamirae

jamirae

must be the "ghosts in the machine"!!