I can't find...Firemens AXE & Fire Hydrant PNG's...

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by wexusjon, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wexusjon

wexusjon

Hi Gang - I'm looking for clip art for a friends business card that he wants to put on vista print & He wanted an AXE & A Fire Hydrant on a logo but hasn't finalized anything...

I wanted to BUY the axe & fire hydrant clip art selection online as I don't have anything but what's inside TLC --- I would like to buy some good stuff NOT the free stuff --- BUT The sites that had the "Firemans Pick AXE" on there were cheezy / grainy or the collection was $300+ dollars for some 1980's clip art!!

I just can't find any good clip art to buy - I've gone to a few freebie sites but the clip art doesn't look fresh... I was just going to start off with the DING Bat style first & then upgrade the clip art later but I can't even find a FIREMENS axe or Hydrant as a DING BAT...

Not a long time to look for them (3 day's) - BUT it's been about 8 to 10 hours looking at stuff that may NOT be good enough for business card prints...

I'm at my wit's end now & just checking to see if you folks knew of any good sites that I would pay for good clip art in general or for fire men / the axe & fire hydrant stuff...

Any help would be appreciated --- Thanks Group!
    :image28: Jon

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Jon.

I often use; http://www.photoObjects.net
    ... but they can get a little pricey.

The same company owns;
    http://www.stockxpert.com/

They'll charge you $2 to $3 per image... and they're great images.
    I just searched for "Ax" and "Fire Hydrant" and found the attached images.

Hope this helps!

Marc

Attached Files:

3. wexusjon

wexusjon

Thank You - This is the type of site that has great stuff! I can't seem to find these sites as they all have strange names...

You were RIGHT! stock images are a bit pricey --- $299 for a photo shopped AXE? WOW! but this site is great! --- It does seem european as some of images don't look american or have that american look to it...

THANK YOU! --- I'm open to any suggestions for other sites as well...\

THANKS FOLKS & FORUM...

Jon:image28:

4. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Good luck with vista print. I purchased 250 business cards from them and they are so bad, I cant even use them! I'm still having issues with taking money from my credit card. I had the same cards done at staples and they are wonderful, they just cost too much.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Mitch.

... you're still haveing issues with VistaPrint?

Can you PM me the details of this credit card charge you're speaking of?
    Don't provide any credit card information, just let me know what they're doing.
    I can forward the information off to my contact there at Vistaprint and hopefully get this taken care of for you a bit quicker.

AND, I'm really sorry to hear your cards turned out poorly.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Unfortunately dingbats don't work with the Mac version of TLC:image09: The only one that I know of is "Shapes" which is embedded.

I have a T gif of a hydrant but not an axe.

7. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Marc,

My Name is Lisa.
    I will PM you with details when my next statement arrives.

Do you know if they have a return policy? I got the business cards about a month or so ago. and I have not used one they are terrible.

8. KD-did

KD-did

http://www.vistaprint.com/customer-care/help.aspx?category=1077101&article=1077104#article_inline

9. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Well, I missed the 30 day deadline. looks like I'm stuck. Sorry for taking the post off topic.

10. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Marc,

I got my credit card statement today and they are still charging me. I will PM you now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.