I am officially lost

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Stryker, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Stryker

Stryker

I am using Web Easy Professional to create a webstore.

I like the Logo Creator and used that fine. Decided to buy the Ad Creator to create ads that i can use. BUT, I can't seem to use it after I create them. The tutorial I found and read did not help me understand what to do with the ad after I modified it and exported it.
    Is there a way to get a refund or exchange this for another program (I bought it yesterday, working on it several hours now) because it is basically useless to me given my knowledge level and the lack of easy to follow instructions? I thought given how easy Logo Creator was that this would be just as easy and now I am frustrated.
    Thank you

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

One of the problems Ive noticed with these WYSIWYG programs is the fact that the FAC doesnt do a stand alone swf. If it did more users wouldnt have these problems using it due to the assets folder being piggy-backed. However Marc states "Hes working on this"

Its better to build a webpage around the Ad you have created. than to try and incorporate it in a easy build webpage program...Thats one of the problems, However, There are alot of persons on this forum that might be able to help out. Dont give up yet...hang on help is on the way!

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Stryker if your using a WYSIWYG web page designer then use HTML code instead of using the built in SWF uploader that comes with your program. Just insert the HTML code for your ad into the web page where you want it and then upload all the files to your server.

You will have 2 folders after you export your flash ad. Usually a FONT folder and an ASSETS folder. You just need to upload each folder and its contents to the main root area of your host(where ever your index.html file is located). Then upload the SWF ad file to the same place.

Try that and let me know.

Also Marc is working on a new version of the Flash Ad Creator that does export a stand alone SWF file with no other files or folders.

4. Stryker

Stryker

lol, Im still lost, I'll have my assistant work on that tomorrow. I have and ad, my latest idea was to get it to converty swf to gif but every program sucks for that when betatesting it out.

SO, I am budgeting for the Adobe Master Collection and then I can just buy the basically prebuilt sites so as not to waste too much time, better to just get a good template. WHICH, I wanted to do in the first place, but they all have requirements for Adobe products and they are so darn expensive.
    I figure I just the Master Collection at one workstation in a month or two and have it.
    Just it wasted my day as he built another website, I couldnt even show my work of today. Grrr, And adobe flash wont load on my new vista laptop.

Which means, the next step is Apple Pro and Final Cut Studio. I just cant be wasting time on supposed timesavers like this.

I'll let him test it tomorrow, he's smarter than I

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

This isn't a supposed time saver. It does work. Try what I mentioned tomorrow and let me know what happens. I and others are more than happy to help with what we can. Just keep in mind that allot depends on the program you are using to build your website.

I researched the one you said you are using and I for one am not a fan of that program. I sell it where I work at and that program gets returned ALLOT. users don't like how it works.

Have you looked at this program for building websites?
    http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

This is a really great software for building websites. It works with Flash Ad Creator to, I know because I have tested it on there before. :D

Keep us posted and we will do what we can to help.