I am having trouble...

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by byrd, Aug 1, 2006.

1. byrd

byrd

I am a novice at web design, so I purchased a program called Freeway Express 4 for Mac. It is a solid program for beginners who do not know code like myself. That being said, I was hoping to use Flash taken from Flash Ad Creator in my website developed in Freeway. My problem is this: I have imported the Flash, but the default Flash with "company name" etc. will display instead of the text that I inputed. I have tried placing the data.txt in a number of different places to see if the .swf file will pull from it, but I am having no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Hello...byrd
    Welcome to the forum!
    Make sure all files and folders produced by FAC are in your root directory that contain your html files produced by your Express 4, The FAC will see the files and folders and use it instead of the default ones you see when you play your ad. I had the same problem when I first used it :D

3. byrd

byrd

I first would like to say thank you for helping me out. It worked, and I got it to show my text instead of the default. I purpose another question to you now. When I upload the site and everything to register.com and I put the data.txt file on the same level as my .swf, it doesn't work anymore. Like I said, thanks for your suggestion before, and I am hoping you can lend your expertise once again. Thanks.

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

byrd hello,

You can't have your data text file on the same level as your .swf file. You should have your .swf file on the same level as your index.html file. You should have created a new folder on the same level as your index.html file also. You will name this new folder the same name as your assets folder for your ad. The assets folder name is where ever you saved your ad on your PC. It has to be the same exact name. You then upload all your assets from the folder on your PC into the new folder you created on your host.

Hope that helps.