I am expanding.....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by prototype66, Nov 30, 2008.

1. prototype66

prototype66

Hey everyone!

Well I'm going to take a huge step (and I'm kinda nervous!)
    I am going to now offer digital inhouse print service! My first step naturally is to purchase a professional quality printer.

This is the place where all of you seasoned pros come in.....
    which printer is the best suited for
    A) excellent quality prints
    B) Reasonably prices for a start up

I will eventually be looking into equipment for coating(business cards) cutting , and other equipment and also going Googling for suppliers of materials and such. I think eventually doing screen prints and vinyl later as well for signage and tees. The plotter for that will be much later seeing that most of them are upwards of $1,200.

Looking forward to the superior mindtrust of this "home base"
    I know you all will have experiences to steer me in the right direction!

Happy thanksgiving (Late) and Happy Holidays!!!

Proto (Chuck):image28:

My launch date is sometime in January 09 (I hope)

2. KD-did

KD-did

Chuck, before you start investing you might want to think about attending a tradeshow or two. It is a great way to make contacts with industry people and suppliers, do your own comparisons and save money on equipment all at the same time. Many companies do trade-ins for customers who need to upgrade or offer equipment from repossessions.

3. prototype66

prototype66

KD you ARE the best!
    I had a feeling you would have a great idea! I just need to fo=ind out when and where here in lansing (Area) we're kind of a burg if you know what i mean. lol
    Not much goes on in these parts. I may have to go to Grand Rapids , there is more of that type of busioness over there. Lansing is all about the cars ya know!

Thanks again!

4. KD-did

KD-did