Howdy from South Texas!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by CactusGrassDave, May 1, 2015.

1. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

I will be known as CactusGrassDave on here. No big secrets, I work in Digital & Mobile Marketing and enjoy video production. I have had the software for about 8 months now but really kept it on the back burner as other issues took priority. Now I am ready to get started and have a little fun making a lot of money.
    :a thumbs up:

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Welcome to the forums CactusGrassDave!

Always nice to see new faces around here. Be sure to look around through the various forums as there are many that contain posts to FREE graphics that can be added to TLC. If you have any questions be sure to post in the proper forum. But most of all, just have fun! If you are serious about internet marketing with TLC be sure to look through Laughingbirds Youtube Channel as Marc has several videos on 'How to Make Money' with TLC. May give you a few ideas to work on . . . https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeq2d2pawwSliouLrHe_tw

Let us know if you need any help! One of the admins or mods are usually around.

awesome2.PNG

CactusGrassDave likes this.
  3. snginc

snginc

Welcome to the forum! I have been using and promoting TLC for 2 years now. It's all I use in my software creation business!

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

Thanks everyone, I have been doing all the legwork for my new Marketing Firm "WaterShed 1 Events and Marketing". It will be launching this month. This tool set will be a real time saver asset for me and my team. I am also happy to say, I consider all of you a part of my team! I am excited to be a part of yours as well.
    :car:

KD-did and gunsmoke like this.
  6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

It's worth your while to go here:

http://www.glenncuneo.com/software-downloads.html

CactusGrassDave, snginc and KD-did like this.
  7. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

My First Completed Project: A Little of Me and a Little TLC!
    WaterShed1 Alive SM.jpeg WaterShed1 Alive SM.jpeg

gunsmoke likes this.
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:gunsmoke::
    Very nice!

9. snginc

snginc

Looks great!

10. KD-did

KD-did

Looks good.....I prefer the second sample..... because Watershed 1 has a little more pop to it. While the colored text is varied I would still try an outlining on it. Try yellow orange or a green shade that is lighter than the background.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Picture 1.png "They look Great? Unfortunately I am all Mac, All The Time! LOL Just Another victim of Digital Racism. :-)"
    Dave, Glenn has also included straight ZIPPED files which can be unzipped and added onto your your MAC. Look under the donate sign for download versions.

12. KD-did

KD-did

BTW what is that font used in the bi-colored text?

13. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

Thanks KD-did, I have them all downloading as we speak. s21.png

14. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

Bleeding Cowboys! When I first talked to the developer and got permission to use it, No one had seen it. Now it is everywhere here in South Texas. I attached it for you. Hopefully it works.

Attached Files:

15. KD-did

KD-did

Thanks worked like a charm.

16. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Umm, you talked to the developer to get permission ... so, um, it's not public domain?? Not sure I'd use that for anything KD-did, till you find out fer sure!

This is from DaFont.com

17. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

That was 7 Years ago. I believe it is already public domain. I can forward his email if needed. All he cares for is a small donation. However as I said, it has become a very popular font for vehicle graphics from all kinds of industries and it loads right into Microsoft Word.

18. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I just got that from DaFont yesterday. Thing about TLC is that you can load and use all sorts of graphics and fonts. But if you are putting out commercial products then as soon as you start making money someone will sue you! It's just best to be very very certain you have ALL rights figured out ahead of time. In writing. In triplicate! Then let your creativity go wild!!

19. CactusGrassDave

CactusGrassDave

Oh I am well aware, I had a lot of Copyright Law in college. There is a really good tutorial on Lynda.com on designing logos which includes modifying Fonts so they are np longer considered the Copyright version, but a new creation. Generally that is how I will go. This font has become a favorite to the extent I am almost reluctant to use it. Here the first instance I used it, OL_FSDesDin Train_SK Logos_DarK copy.jpg when I originally got the license. Unfortunately my partner died and this project never made it off the ground

gunsmoke likes this.
  20. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

That is really cool! it's to bad it didn't make it off the ground. I agree that you could 'modify' the font and make it your own, I was just trying to make the point that you can't use something like that 'out of the box' without permission. As you stated though, a small donation can usually take care of that. Users just need to make that small effort.

Thanks for sharing those pics! :a plus: