How to Use Older Versions of The Logo Creator

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by dkgodfrey, Jan 29, 2016.

1. dkgodfrey

dkgodfrey

Hello....I've updated to Version 7. Love IT!!

What should I do with the folders for Version 4, 5, and 6? Can I use anything from those former versions? Should I just uninstall those?

2. KD-did

KD-did

You need the V6 stuff TC 7 comes without ANY templates. What you may find beneficial is to save the ELEMENTS file from V4 and V5. One of the things that can happen is some licensed (embedded) fonts can be specific to a version and can be lost. One in V5 is the "SHAPES" embedded font which make basic shapes and is not available anywhere else..

Remake any templates from V4 and V5 because those templates are not compatible with V6 or 7.

There is only the 2 folders with content in the Laughingbird Documents folder. It isn't a case of space lost on your drive with the V6 to V7 installation.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    snginc likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi dkgodfrey, I would keep your old versions because as Katie mentioned certain elements may be licenced to a particular version. But also you will be able to import 'elements' from older versions into v7 such as the one I did below with an element from the v5 glass pack.
    baldy_bob_glass.png

KD-did likes this.
  4. KD-did

KD-did

Another reason to keep V5 it allows setting of the DPI and allows it to be changed and has many more file options on exports.

snginc likes this.
  5. john pickett

john pickett

I'm barely computer literate so if 7 has no templates or elements, what advice do I need to begin utilizing new software?
    I Uploaded version 7.
    No templates show or elements in top bar.
    Older LC version was on older computer and is gone.
    I have standard and paid for elements from prior purchases in my emails and jvzoo.
    Can I use these to upload into version 7?
    Please advise, thanks.

6. KD-did

KD-did

That will depend. I suggest looking at the receipt if it was TLC V6.X then yes....BUT you need to send ta copy of receipt/email to the zendesk with a request for an members account. It will be set with your purchase if it was V6.* They will send you a password...the jvzoo one will NOT work.
    https://laughingbirdsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

7. john pickett

john pickett

I have a multitude of emails for my purchases with you, paypal receipts and jvzoo receipts.
    If jvzoo won't suffice, the paypal will?
    The paypal doesn't say it's a v6 purchase just to you as the receiver, transaction ID and dollar amount basically.

8. KD-did

KD-did

I don't know why they both wouldn't work... the dates are important. I am not customer support. I know what has to be done but that is all.

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Thing to remember is that The Creator 7 is an 'upgrade'. Not a 'stand alone' program. It needs elements from the earlier version in order to work properly. Good luck.

snginc and KD-did like this.