How to split the .swf file?

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by ben_gosu, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ben_gosu

ben_gosu

Usually when you see a flash banner it auto-plays one time and ends with the info you want to see (contact info, details about the advertised item etc.)

The Flash Ad Creator only creates ads that loop continuously, so eat a lot of bandwidth and the message that you want to advertise is not at the end.

So is there a way to split the .swf file and make it end where I want and just play it ones per page load?

I know you can pause and display longer whatever info you want, but then it goes into the loop again and eats even more bandwidth.

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

If the ad plays continously in a loop, it doesn't use up any more bandwidth than if it plays only once.

The reason being is that the swf file is only downloaded the once to a person's browser. The flash player then will have the information whether to play once or loop continously. There isn't any need to continuously access the file in order for it to play again.

There doesn't seem to be any setting to only play it once and the loop parameter looks like it won't override the settings within the swf. If you are familiar with editing the fla files, you should be able to prevent the looping there if you wish.

The looping was probably intentional as it's for creating ads and by continuously playing it, it is more likely to catch the eye of a visitor.

3. ben_gosu

ben_gosu

Thank you for the tip - I had no idea it's the same bandwidth for loop or no loop.

You're right about the eye catching factor.

I will probably make a small add with Flash and something bigger and static underneath with the Logo Creator.