how to save a png with all the layers

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by qbeat, Aug 2, 2005.

1. qbeat

qbeat

hi,i have a little question.can i export my finished logo as a png file with all the layers so ican work with it in another graphicproggie like adobe,i only can save a png and than it complains all the layers,tnx for help
    qbeat :helpnow:

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Little answer; no you can't

MD

3. Flotsom

Flotsom

qbeat, welcome to the forum!

MD is correct, since whatever you export from TLC becomes a single entity upon export. So you cannot export the finished logo, and still have control of all your layers separately. However ... where there's a will there's a way. By using the hide element feature in the Modify menu, you could export your layers one at a time, and rebuild them in your other program.

Notably, it would be simpler to export them individually as you create them, but since you may or may not know exactly how your going to use them until you do, that can be equally tedious. So, hide all but the element (layer) you wish to export, and then go onto the next one. It will take you awhile, but if you want to work with the whole thing outside of TLC that's about the only way.

One other thought ... if you need to modify a particular layer of your logo in some way that TLC will not allow, try exporting just that layer, modify it in your other program, and then import it back to TLC and continue working with your whole project there. :D

Hope that helps some.

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Yep that's the way, make sure you export the elements as transparant .png otherwise you'll have to remove the background.
    MD