1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

How to remotely link to my TempGraphics/Assets image folders?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by Jeri, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Jeri

Jeri

Linking to TempGraphics/Assets image folders?

Disregard.

Sorry,
    Jeri

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

linking the .swf file to the graphics folder on another server

Jeri.
    Hi.

I did recieve this post.
    You mentioned (before you edited) that you wanted to upload your .swf file to an eBay auction... and link to the 'TempGraphics' folder that contained your images.

Were you successuful in doing this?

Flash does not let you 'cross' servers. You can't upload a .swf file and have it read an 'assets' folder from another server. You'll have to upload the assets folder (in this case the 'tempGraphics' folder) to the same area that your .swf file is located. I belive this is Macromedia's way of preventing a banner add from reading some other person's site information.

I tried for months to figure this out - (part of the long delay in the developement). If you were successful with the above, I'd love to hear how you did it!

- Marc

3. Jeri

Jeri

eGreetings Marc,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have been working at this problem for days now without any answer in sight.

Trying to get help from eBay is a major pain!

I don't believe this is possible.

Please let me know if you come up with a way to do this. This is a major road block for me.

Thank you so much - You are so Terrific!

Kind Regards,
    Jeri
    P.S. View my eCover Gallery
    http://www.graymattergraphics.com/html/ebook_gallery.html

4. jeffkerwin

jeffkerwin

Hi Marc,
    I have a very similar problem.

I am building a website using Netobjects Fusion 8. They support Macromedia Flash. Is this Macromedia???

The program allows me to upload the .swf file no probs. But it doesnt seem to have a function to upload the tempgraphics folder with it. Do I need to upload the tempgraphics folder for the ebox with buttons to work?? Or should it work with just the .swf file on its own??

Please excuse my lack of understanding with the old PC world.

Thanks

JK

5. Texas

Texas

I use Netojects Fusion As Well

You must manually upload the tempgraphics folder for it to work. If you have any other questions on Netobjects, let me know..

6. Jeri

Jeri

eGreetings jeffkerwin;

I built my site with NOF8 also.

After insert the .swf by using PLUGINS/FLASH on your web site.
    You then need to install the TempGraphics or Assets folder so that the .swf can find the image files.
    You need to do this manually.
    Go to WINDOWS EXPLORER and drag the TempGraphics or Assets folder into your LOCAL PUBLISH/HTML folder for your web site.
    Then when you upload your web site to your server the TempGraphics folder will be included. I use an FTP program to upload (everything in the Local Publish Folder) my web site.

Note: Your Flash images will not show when you PREVIEW your site. Nor will it show on a LOCAL PUBLISH. Only after you upload everything to your server will your flash images show. (At least on my computer this was how it worked.)

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
    Jeri

7. jeffkerwin

jeffkerwin

Ahhh! That makes sense. I went to your website, It looks like you are using the same ecover software as I am. When you say "Go to Windows Explorer" and drag the tempgraphics folder into my sites HTML, how do you go about this.

It must be basic stuff for you, but I am still in the learning phase. Havent got out of my computer nappies yet.

Thanks

JK

8. Jeri

Jeri

In Windows XP:

Go to START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES. Click on Windows Explorer.

Then PROGRAM FILES/NETOBJECTS/NETOBJECTS FUSION 8/USER SITES/(web site name)/LOCAL PUBLISH.
    You should find your HTML folder there. Then just copy or move your TempGraphics or Assets folder.

I don't know the procedure if you are using a Mac. Sorry.

Best,
    Jeri

9. jeffkerwin

jeffkerwin

Oh you beauty. It worked! I am stoked, I have tried all sorts of things for weeks and was about to pack it in. It actually worked on the local publish for me - strange huh? Anyway, thanks heaps.

JK

10. Jeri

Jeri

Hi JK,

I am glad it worked.

You are so very welcome!

Kind Regards,
    Jeri

11. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

I too use nof8 to build my sites and recently started putting e-covers on them i just couldn't get the flashy one to work right. I did what you suggested and it's working.
    Thanx for your imput mate!, most of the posts you write are somewhat over my head but this one was a doozy.
    :beer::beer::beer:
    MD
    i.o.u.

12. jeffkerwin

jeffkerwin

A curly one for Marc

I would like to put multiple flash eboxes on the same page. Each box is different to each other. I have just managed to get one working with guidance from the above threads. But the same method simply repeated wil not work.

How can I get around this, or is it in the too hard basket??

Thanks

jeff

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Jeff!
    Yes, this was a tough one to crack.

However!
    I've been able to achieve this with the new Flash Ad Creator (release date of this new product is this week! Sept 8th! It was delayed due to this very fact. I wanted to make sure you were able to have multiple animations on one web page. We've achieved this now and can launch the product!). I will port this code over to the eCover Creator and post the update.

This might be awhile - a week or so. But I'll post it along with some other eCover Creator enhancements.

- Marc