How to make the background transparent

Discussion in 'Tips and tricks' started by Steve71, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Steve71

Steve71

hi, Can someone point me in the way to make the back transparnet (png). I save my image as png but the background is still there?

Steve

2. KD-did

KD-did

As a general rule the choice of "transplant" png suffices. Imported objects can have an issue of a background that has to be handle by an image editor.The default color on transparencies in TLC is white.Have you taken your exported file and placed it on a color background to see if the background is there or not. TLC doesn't show a colored field as some software does. Nor does it show a checkerboard pattern.

snginc likes this.
  3. Steve71

Steve71

hi, Yes i imported it to a video file i am working on and the background was there, a white background

4. KD-did

KD-did

Are you certain your video program understands .pngs or transparent .pngs? Perhaps coloring the canvas the same as the background on the video might help. Again choose the transparent png mode.

What software are you using for the video?

snginc likes this.
  5. KD-did

KD-did

Perhaps you could look into the video's software for an explanation. Once you know you have exported as a .png the question then becomes the handling of the software at the next step.

snginc likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

You created this graphic in TLC? You used the option 'File/Export as Transparent PNG' ? Can you upload the image to a message here so we can take a look at it? The more information we can get, the better we can help you figure this out.

If the images you used in your TLC project were transparent, then there should be no problem 'exporting' the finished graphic with a transparent background. If however, the images you used in your project had a background ( were not transparent ) then TLC will not remove the background. You would have to use another program such as Photoshop, Gimp or an on-line service ( of which there are several for free ) to remove the unwanted background.

Let us know as much as you can about the images you used, and upload the finished image if you can. We'll take a look.

KD-did and snginc like this.