How to import V5 libraries to V6

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by steveshead, Sep 5, 2012.

1. steveshead

steveshead

I have logo libraries from V5. How do I import them into V6?

Thanks

Steve

2. KD-did

KD-did

You can only move the elements from one version to the other.
    Instructions from our moderator gcuneo
    " 1. Copy (CTRL + C)the folders from version 5.0.
    2. paste the folders here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements.

So the folder you want to drop the old element folders in is in fact the logo elements folder. Don't worry, the simple copy and paste method works just fine!
    For elements in version 6.0, you are correct, there are not folders like there were in eaRlier versions of TLC, not to worry!"

3. steveshead

steveshead

Thanks for the information. I've already done that - figured it would work! So, what are the plans for those of us that own all the packs? Do we get a free upgrade of those too?

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. steveshead

steveshead

Good to hope - though I sincerely hope that those of us that own all of the add on packs for V5 won't have to purchase the new ones. That would over a hundred dollars wasted on my part.

6. KD-did

KD-did

I can't understand your thinking....because Window users have the option of running either the V5 and/or V6. The change in OS on Macs only allows the use of V6. Older OS can only use V5 .And I am not certain you would be able to move the Logo Elements from V5 on a Mac and the V6 elements are in a file type that older Mac OS can't use.

7. steveshead

steveshead

The elements moved across just fine. It's the libraries that don't work, and I have the Maga Pack, and some. My concern is I can't use the product I paid for because the libraries don't work. I'm hoping I'm going to be compensated for my loss by getting the V6 Mega Pak for free.

8. KD-did

KD-did

No, it is the templates that don't work and make the cross over from V5 to V6 because of the change in engines. All the elements do work from V5 in V6....and they are essentially all the parts of the templates. Being I am just a volunteer here I don't know what Marc has planned.

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You can only copy the element libraries (swooshes, orbs, and stars for example) Not the templates.