How to get my Saved Templates Back

Discussion in 'General Support' started by George Miller, Nov 7, 2014.

1. George Miller

George Miller

I made a big mistake renaming the Template folder where my designs where stored.
    Now I can not open any of these templates to edit. I tried moving all the support files associated with these templates into the Renamed Folder. But I still cannot access them.
    How can I recover my templates??

2. KD-did

KD-did

Are you launching TLC then trying to open template or trying just to double click template ? You must first start TLC then the template.

3. George Miller

George Miller

Yes, I open TLC and go to My Logo Templates (thats what I renamed the folder) and theses templates do not so up

4. George Miller

George Miller

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If you're talking v6.8, there should be no problem with renaming your working folder. I do it all the time. I actually have several that I use. That's the nice thing about v6.8 If your working folder gets full, you can either delete everything in it, or simply rename it. When you start TLC again it will prompt you to create another working folder. If you ever want to go back, simply rename the current one, then rename the backup. Works great.

snginc and gcuneo2 like this.
  6. George Miller

George Miller

So, what do you mean actually " by renaming the current one , then rename the backup"?
    Rename the back up to what, would that be what TLC has stored in memory as the current working folder?
    Also, what does the Save Version actually do, when I try to save a version of a design it saves the work
    right to a folder on the desk stop automatically and now I cannot open them for editing?
    This file management system is ridiculous in concept and very confusing for the standard Windows File> Open Save Saveas never mind about copy to USB drive to move to another PC.
    backup.
    But thanks for your help.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The SAVE A VERSION lets you store a copy (with one thing changed from an earlier version for example), with a different name any where you want. One caveat with that is that it will not show up in your pull down menu.

To open such a logo you navigate to just the folder, and select the folder to open the logo.

How you save your stuff is pretty much up to you. To keep things simple I just save everything to the main save location you first name the very first time you run the program-- I like seeing the file name, and a thumbnail of the logo I want to open.

When you rename that save location folder, the next time the logo creator is run it thinks "HEY! I need to know whereto save my stuff" and asks for another folder name. That also automatically saves the logo that is open when you close the program.

Gunsmoke is alot more organized than I am-- his system works great for him, and my save it all in one spot works great for me.

If you do decide to have multiple areas where you save stuff you need to remember their locations so that you can make routine backup copies.