How to duplicate template ?

Discussion in 'The Creator 7 Bundle' started by roland rick perry, Sep 17, 2016.

1. roland rick perry

roland rick perry

I have a template I made and I'd simply like to duplicate, change photo and rename. I guess "save template as" would explain. When I do regular "save as," I cant open the saved template, as the folder I saved it in shows empty.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Did you do a "save as" >>>>choose a location like desktop? Name like version 2? Then open TC and open MY template "version 2"should be there? It should be open on the My Template page after opening TC.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    snginc likes this.
  3. roland rick perry

roland rick perry

Yes that's exactly what I did.

After saving version 2, I next went to the folder saved on my desktop I see the four png's that I imported and version2.tlc. When I try to open the tlc file in windows, it asks what program I would like to use to open it and the Creator 7 is not listed.

If I instead open the Creator and then select open template from within the program and go to same folder saved on my desktop, nothing is there. Not the tlc file and not the four png's.

Thanks for helping.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 8.56.40 AM.png Open it from within TC. Not from the folder.Even though the folder is on your desktop it will show in your "My Templates" folder and open as normal.

snginc likes this.
  5. roland rick perry

roland rick perry

Let's go slow, I'm sure it's something simple - because version 2 is saved on my desktop folder, does not show in "my templates" folder.

Version one is in my templates program folder, but not version two as you suggested.

It would make sense to me to save to version 2 to my templates and rename, but that selection if GRAYED out and I can only "save" but not "save as."

BTW I insanely love this program.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Sorry...I don't mean to make this difficult. I am trying a morning without my 1 cup of coffee and it is not going well. To clarify the My Templates folder is in the TC program not in the file on your desktop.

snginc likes this.
  7. KD-did

KD-did

Is there a reason you are not using the 1st. template.
    Just click on the item you want to replace. When highlighted delete image.It will disappear and you can bring a new object to the canvas.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    snginc likes this.
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Got you covered Roland. Sorry I'm late. I work a day job!

Okay. You saved your 'copy' to your desktop. Ergo, on your desktop there is a 'folder' that contains your image files, and the .tlc file Correct so far?
    In TC7, select 'File/Open Template' from the top menu.
    Scroll down and 'highlight' ( do not double-click ) the folder. Then at the bottom of the window, click on 'Select Folder' and your template will load.

Let me know how this works for you.

snginc and KD-did like this.
  9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Let me expand a little on what I said above. This is what I do, may not work for everyone.

In My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries I create a folder for each of my clients.
    If I have a client called 'Little CAT Scooters, then I make a folder
    If I have a client called Bill, then I make a folder

With nothing in them, these folders will not show up anywhere in TC7.

So, create a logo. Do a 'Save As' to your desktop. You cannot save a template inside another template folder.
    Go into Windows ( or whatever a MAC user does to look at files ) and DRAG that folder you just saved to your desktop to your Client folder.

Start TC7.

Look at the Template Listing on the bottom left and you will now see your client listed! Click - BAM! There's your logo!

Be aware, that if you load this logo and make a change, it will want you to save it in your 'My Templates' folder. Don't. Instead, save to to your desktop again. Then close TC7. Drag that folder to your Client folder.

Yes, it's a bit of work, but it keeps things nicely organized for me. May not be your cup of tea, but it is mine!

snginc likes this.
  10. roland rick perry

roland rick perry

BY GEORGE THAT WORKED BRAVO, !!! It was a double click problem lol. Thank you thank you

gunsmoke likes this.
  11. roland rick perry

roland rick perry

Yes, genius. My cup of tea too.

gunsmoke likes this.