How to create a large 2000 x 2000 image?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by wolfdogg, Jun 1, 2009.

1. wolfdogg

wolfdogg

Just curious about designing for cafepress. I found some posts here where people were doing it, but I'm confused as to how you can do the image size?
    My resolution only goes to 1280 x 800. I can create a 2000 x 2000 image in Photoshop and save it as a .png file. When I bring that in The Logo Creator, it's much too big for my screen and the Logo Creator doesn't give a scroll bars option.

Am I just out of luck, due to the limitations of my video card?
    Thanks.

2. xprt007

xprt007

Hi
    I have wanted to use this software for that very same purpose, but just like in your case the screen resolution plays a role in limiting how big a graphic one can make.

To try and create bigger graphics, I have tried getting the biggest possible image in png format, convert it to a vector graphic using other software and enlarging it.
    I noted this method is only good for graphics with simple colors. More complex images like a number of graphics here are get fuzzy when you enlarge them too much, even then.

I think it would be good if there was the possibility of Logo Creator & co having the ability to export directly to vector format, like svg (in case that is the right name). That way, one can enlarge images using other software without quality loss.

Alternatively, one could make the size independent of the screen resolution or whatever makes it seem to be that, so that one can make graphics of sizes without limitation like many simple image editors do.

I have suggested this feature be included in next versions, which in my opinion would make the software very interesting to the many 100,000s of Cafepress & other similar services' users. [Potentially lots of $$$$$$ to make here!]
    The ease with which one can combine graphics & add text, etc is something I have not found elsewhere yet.

3. wolfdogg

wolfdogg

Exactly. I like making my designs in Photoshop, but The Logo Creator is so much easier to design my lettering/words in.

I just can't figure out why they can't add scroll bars? As a VB programmer, it takes me all of 10 seconds to change a property and allow scroll bars to be added to a form. I don't know what language this is writtten in, but it can't be too difficult.