How to add SWF files to make it work with Product Poppers

Discussion in 'Product Poppers' started by whilar64, Oct 25, 2014.

1. whilar64

whilar64

I am interested in learning how to add SWF videos in order to augment the offering that comes with this product. I want to be able to create my own and and include them in the drop down menu area.

1) Is there a free or inexpensive version of a software to create SWF files from videos?
    2) How do we add these to the drop down menu? instead of having to import every time.

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey whilar64, here is one free option to convert your video ...
    http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_convert_video_to_flash_swf_flv

As far as adding them to the drop down, easy! Just create a folder in /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements/

Name your folder whatever you like. Put your .swf files there. They will be available via the drop down menu and you can just drag them onto the canvas. Be sure when you do your export to 'Export SWF'.

3. JoAnne Mattingly

JoAnne Mattingly

you said that we need to "put" the finished logo from the popper on our hosting. I have fairly new to all of this. How do I do that? I only know how to add domains and sub domains to my hosting. Is this similar? you also mentioned something about a program that you then put it on before downloading it to wordpress and using the plugin tiny mce. could you explain more on that please. Thanks.

4. Joni Hankin

Joni Hankin

I am wondering if anyone that has purchased the Product Poppers got the Swiffy convert to work??
    https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/

My Android does NOT show the swf on the Product Popper demo page. Just a broken image that says plugin not supported. This plus no go on ipods/iphones is a real shame.

Thanks for your reply...want to buy the product, but everyone needs to be able to see it....right?!

~Joni

5. KD-did

KD-did

6. Joni Hankin

Joni Hankin

Thank you KD-did, however, I can't hope that anyone that visits my web page has that plugin. Do you know if there is a default PNG if someone can't see flash?? Marc made a comment that he was going to work on this way back in January or so.

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

FLASH really is going out! Most phones, especially anything from Apple WILL NOT display FLASH without a plugin of some kind. It's a real shame as you can do some pretty cool things with FLASH, but ...

You will not be able to control what your site visitors have configured, or what they can view. The only thing you can do is try and provide content for the type of visitors you're looking for. If the majority of your site visitors are using phones or tablets, then stay away from FLASH. But if the majority are using desktops then use the FLASH.

Any statistics tracker like Google Analytics will be able to track and show you what your visitors are using.

Joni Hankin likes this.
  8. Rancher

Rancher

I just wanted to tell you a way I convert edited.swfs to animated .gifs, so
    there will be no problem with mobile devices, etc.

I open the .swf in the Logo Creator, get it just like I want it,
    fire up Camtasia, and record the .swf. I then enter the video I created
    in Camtasia, and save it as an animated .gif.
    Camtasia 8 has the ability to save a video as an animated .gif.

It loops the image.

gunsmoke likes this.
  9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:gunsmoke:Nice tip Rancher. Thanks for sharing!