How Do You Create Business Cards with Logo Creator?

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by mstennille, Nov 16, 2005.

1. mstennille

mstennille

I see an option on the file menu to "view business cards" or print them. However, I DO NOT see anything that allows you to actually CREATE a business card using the logo you create. Actually, I find this software to be fairly glitchy and confusing. I'm trying to create business cards and I see no way to do it.

2. blackknight

blackknight

What version of software are you using. In the newest version it has been changed and "The Corporate Identity Creator" handles that now but I don't have the url for that page right now but someone will fill you in. Sounds like you are just getting frustrated, just hold on a bit longer and someone will help you out. Hope this helps.

3. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

4. mstennille

mstennille

Logo Creator v4

I have The Logo Creator v4. Prior to this, I had v3 and went to the website and downloaded/installed the updated v4 version.

Looks like I need The Corporate Identity Creator as well in order to do business cards...is that correct?

5. mstennille

mstennille

Oh, BTW, thanks so much for the replies!!! :thankyou:

6. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

The last link I sent is a free version of CID (online version only)

good luck and let us know of any more problems!

7. mstennille

mstennille

Awesome. Thanks for the help!!!

8. Rayezor

Rayezor

Business Card Printing

Why Would They Take Away The Ability To Print Your Own Business Cards In The Release Of 4.1 ????? Is This A Money Making Scam??
    I Need To Know How To Print My Own Business Cards On The Fly, In My Own Home, On My Own Printer In This New Version Like 3.6.1 Did...hello????????? Can I Get Any Help Here???

9. mstennille

mstennille

Yeah, I don't know. Honestly, I always thought this software was really bizarre anyway. My boyfriend got it for me and thought I might find a use for it with either my website or my business...But I just played around with it for a little bit one day after he first gave it to me and thought it was really odd and didn't look at it again until a few weeks ago when I wanted to see if I could use it to make business cards. Come to find out, you can't. So I guess I don't really have much use for this software--it's not like I'm in need of a logo with "orbs" or "swooshes." Apparently you have to use the Corporate Identity Creator to make the cards and as far as printing business cards with this software, it just directs you to a website where you have to pay to do it. I don't really have time to deal with this software and I'm glad he didn't pay much for it. I'd even rather use Word or Works to make/print business cards than deal with this stuff. It's just strange any way you look at it!

10. blackknight

blackknight

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that is fine. First and foremost, this is logo creating software, not meant to be business card software. The business card thing was just an extra. Marc has made so many improvements that he created seperate software to handle things like business cards and such. Not sure why he disabled it from the present software but I would guess he had a very good reason to do so. Money making scam? Noooo, if you were around long enough or had a real interest in designing logos then you would know that there is real value in this program. If you were simply looking for business card software then this may not be the place and there are several software packages that will do the trick. :Painting:

11. blackknight

blackknight

Actually Rayezor, I kept my 3.6 software so if I need to do some of the things the older software did I just bring up the 3.6 and work with that. There are some fonts missing with the 4.1 so that is also why I revert back to the older style. There are also some very good "free" software that does business cards besides the CIC. I recomend this free site: http://www.hemera.com/products/freebies.jsp and click the one that says "business card maker". Anyway, good luck with your business card creating.