How do I use the logo after I have created it.

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Kennbob, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Kennbob

Kennbob

I have designed a logo, now I want to import it into a template for avery labels, how do I move it from the folder I saved it in, to the template? I tried, import, export, cut, paste, insert from file, I even tried to image capture and move to the workspace of the Avery Wizard. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'd hate to think that I have a great looking logo that I cannot put on anything but letterheads

Ken

2. KD-did

KD-did

Kennbob, after you have made and saved your logo. Do an export of your logo by choosing a usable format...and send to someplace like your desktop. Try the more export options..When you "save" it is a .tlc file extension and is an editable file stored in the premade folder.Only TLC can use a .tlc extension.

3. Kennbob

Kennbob

when I save the image, the file type says "all". Does this mean that I am saving the logo as all the types or none? Do I need to specify the file extention?

4. Kennbob

Kennbob

THanks for the suggestion, but I saved the file to a separate new folder onto desktop, when I open the new folder, I can see the image but when I try to insert it into a word document I get a box with a red X in it. what is this? I am trying to print avery labels. Also I am having trouble re-sizing the image, how is this done? I have been through the tutorials and it is not clear.

5. KD-did

KD-did

You want to "export" not save right now. and yes you do want to choose a format. You want the Avery's program to be able to use it. Gif and jpeg are always a safe bet.

6. Kennbob

Kennbob

Thanks for the quick reply, now when I try to export the image, I get a choice of file types, I choose JPEG, the new window that comes up shows "save in", I click the folder I want it in,"logos", then it shows a list of files already in it, under that is "file name" and "save as type", this is a drop down menu but only has "Images" in it. I save it. Is this now a JPEG file? what else do I need to do with it? Iopen the word program try to import and still get a red X. What am I doing wrong?

7. KD-did

KD-did

After you get the new window do your "save in" to your desktop. You'll find it a great deal easier. It eliminates having to go so many levels to retrieve it for your Avery program. Once on your desktop you don't need TLC to be running. You should be able to launch your Avery program and import you logo export.

8. Kennbob

Kennbob

nope, I still get the red X. thanks for trying though

9. KD-did

KD-did

Look for a PM from me

10. KD-did

KD-did

There is something wrong somewhere. Something isn't making any sense here Maybe all you need is a fresh download and re-install.

What OS are you?

What source and what version of TLC are you using?

11. blackknight

blackknight

I simply choose the export button and export it to "my logos" found in my TLC files after I have saved it as a png which seems to work well for me. Then I use a program that uses Avery(Printmaster, MS.Publisher,etc..) and import into this program from my TLC files.(my logos folder) At first I was having a problem with business cards and was importing the logo componants to re-assemble the logo but now I don't have to do this. I am sure you will discover the answer. Sometimes it takes a bit of experimenting when it doesn't seem so clear. I hope my info has helped. Best of luck with your logo project. Show your work when you are finished with it if you can.
    PS. Have you tried the Corporate Identity Creator which produces business material?

12. Kennbob

Kennbob

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I am sure that I will get it up and running again soon.

13. KD-did

KD-did

Kennbob, From your email with more details I think there is a way to solve your problem with a free business card maker. http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2595

I am trying to send it to you by email but my firewall and antiviral don't like the attached zip file...but you should be able to at least get and use the attached file of your logo.