How do I use my drawing to create a logo?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Juncal, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Everybody,

First of all let me tell you that I am not an expert; that's why I'm asking for advices! Since I bought TLC everything was great to create from the pre design images. Now I would like to use my drawing to create full color logos.

Could you please give me some advice to do this? I realizaed that first I need the draw :Painting: (obviously) then scanned, then maybe convert it to a vector file?

Some help?

Arturo.

2. blackknight

blackknight

Welcome to the forum. This is not vector software. You can put almost any format image into TLC. I would recommend doing it either as a jpeg or png. When you scan a drawing into the program, you will get a box around the image unless you put it in as a trans-png or j-peg (I believe) but if you get the white box around it once you bring it into TLC then you can remove the white by clicking the button "remove white" ( in the part under "modify" )I hope you can understand this.

3. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Blacknight,
    Thank you for the quick reply... Yes, TLC it's not a vector program, I was wondering how to pass from paper to pc file my draws and after that use TLC for the final touch (or for all the touches) If I scan my draw converted as Jpeg and I want to change colors into the TLC it will change completely, right? To be honest my questions was a little bit more open... maybe there are another programs that I can use before bring all the images together with TLC.

Thanks.

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Juncal,

BK is right in his point. Now as far as your drawings go. You will scan it into your favorite graphics program. Once it is in there you can change colors around or what ever you want to the drawing. Once you import it into TLC and try to change the color of it yes it will change the whole thing. You might list what graphics programs you have so we can give a little more advice for you.

Something I like doing is once I get my drawing into my graphics program I cut it into pieces so that I can put it back together in TLC, and that way when I change a color it only changes that one piece. I hope that makes sense.

Hope that helps................

5. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Mac,

Thank you, what you do is what I was trying to find out; cutting in pieces it's a great choice before using TLC. It has sense. Thanks.

Programs that I used:
    Ulead 3d
    Corel
    Paint shop
    Also Ppoint (to remove backgrounds easily)

I'm ordering Xara products (I read a mention here and looks great) Could you recommend me a software to work with my files before using the TLC? (edit colors, cut in pieces, etc) I know Adobe Photoshop, but looks heavy; another choice?

Once again; thank you to both of you.
    Arturo.

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes I use Photoimpact by ULead. It works great, of course you must get use to it first like any other software. Xara is another great program, I haven't used it in a long time. But overall I like using Photoimpact allot. Glad I could help.

7. Juncal

Juncal

Ok, I will look forward to get photoimpact. Thank you so much for your help.
    Arturo.

8. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Hi Juncal,

Mac27 and BK have pointed you in the right direction.

If I can add to the list, try the free 30 trial for Adobe IllustratorCS2. It has a tool in there where by the click of a button (with some adjustments) it turns your drawings into Vector. Be aware that Illustrator takes up a lot of RAM and hard drive, but the results are great.
    Also check out http://www.vikingarts.com/ if you don't feel like adjusting your work. I have yet to use them, but hear they are good and cheap.

Hope this helps and let us know what you do.

9. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Mac,
    Yes, they gave me a good support; I really appreciated. This is a great forum. I'm so glad to be part of it. Thank you so much for your advice; not sure if I will use the website, but it's good to know, I will try first the ill-CS2. I need to create a logo and tagline for a friend and his business it's about cellphones and data cables. He is changing the name from "Celucables" to a new one that I must create. That's why I was asking for help.

I was checking your website, great work you have there! really impresive.

Maybe I will be back for some more help or just to show my stuff and get feedback.

Saludos desde PerĂº,
    Arturo.

10. blackknight

blackknight

I like your Avatar Arturo, What does it represent and also what does the words say and mean?

11. Juncal

Juncal

Hi BK,

My avatar... Represents a psychedelic headphone used for to hear electronic music to punish the one who use; it looks effective (judging the face expression); so maybe it will be use in the future. The words say GANCIA PRESENTA which means Gancia Present. It's used for to announce "rave" concerts.

Regards from PerĂº,
    Arturo.

12. jtcomputers

jtcomputers

Try PSP 8

Hi. I do web design myself, and play with graphics a lot. I prefer Paintshop pro 8 and it does do vectors to a point. It also allows you to literally "cut" and image out of a background and make it transparent. I found it really easy to use. Hope this information is helpful. I really like your drawing, you are a good artist. You should consider drawing for a tatoo shop, or something. (sometimes, it depends where you are, they pay lots of money for drawings and reprint rights for stuff like that).
    Good luck.

13. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Juncal, I would like a headphone like that. I need to replace the ones I have now. :) Where did you find (or creat??) that image anyway.

jtcomputers, is the tatoo reference pointed at me? If so, I have always thought about asking around for tatoo shops. I actually drew a muppet character for a friend of mine to be tatooed. It's been such a long time I really don't know if they used it :P
    Thanks for your input.

:bancha:

14. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Glad to help you out. As you have noticed allot of people in here like helping. If you need help with your logo for your friend post for help in the Need help with my Design part of the forum. People will help you out. This is a great place to be part of.

15. Gravy

Gravy

Paintshop Pro 9 for me. It will do everything I seen you ask about and then some.

16. Juncal

Juncal

Hello Everybody!
    Thank you so much for your comments and advices. Now I'm using PhotoImpact and it's a great tool; I will look forward to get Paintshop pro; I like the idea of "cut" backgrounds easily... I'm uploading what I did for my friend and yes I need help; I'm using the "Need help with my Design" thread. Thank you so much I will see you there.

About the Avatar and tatoo's well... it's not completely mine a complete team worked on that and similar on flies on BsAs Argentina. Not really sure to handle if I'm drawing that on a bleeding skin...

See ya around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.