1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

How do I "nudge" a graphic up or down on my webpage?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by stickyfinger, Mar 17, 2007.

1. stickyfinger

stickyfinger

Hi all,

I created my first spinning ebook cover and transferred all 3 files to my server as directed. I love it. Everything works great.

My question is, is there a way to "nudge" the graphic up about an inch on my web page? There's too much white space.

If you want to see what I mean, take a look at:
    e-Teacher Videos

All the best,

-stickfinger

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Without being able to see your source code, it makes it a little difficult. Do you have the e-book placed inside a table?

3. stickyfinger

stickyfinger

Re: How to nudge a graphic up or down

Digger,

Thanks for responding...
    The ebook sits freely on the page. It's not in a table or frame of any kind.
    The only code I uploaded (aside from the page itself) is Laughing Bird's software that gets created when the graphic is finished being created.

To be more exact:
    I need to find a way to change the amount of white space surrounding the graphic. The import is that I might want to move the graphic closer or further away from another object on the page. I get the impression the white space surrounding the graphic is a function of Laughing Birds program. Still, is there a way to get around that?

Hope to hear from you,

stickyfinger

4. stickyfinger

stickyfinger

Addendum:
    Aside from the header graphic (which I also created with Laughing Bird), there isn't any other code before the code that Laughing Bird had me enter for the spinning ebook.
    Hope this helps.

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Ah, I see now. I'll have to ask that one of the other mods or urser that has more experience with creating the ebook to step in.

6. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

i had this problem once before i am trying to think how i got round it

i will get back to you!!!!!!!!!!

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

BTW - I use Frontpage and would be able to work around it.

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

The source code is easy to view. :D I haven't seen that used in a long time. I will have a look later tonight to see if I can see why it isn't all the way up for you stickyfinger.

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Sorry about that, I didn't scroll down past the first sentence in the source. I can see the source code now. I don't see anything. Mac - I did do a test create of an ebook and it does create a lot of white space upon export.

10. stickyfinger

stickyfinger

So what's the verdict?

What have any of you found out?
    Thanks.