How do I get this gold look into my logo.

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by pego99, Dec 26, 2014.

1. pego99

pego99

I would like the logo on the left to have the gold look in the gold design on the right.

AS much as I examine the parameters of the gold design I see nothing that I can use to recreate the look with the logo on the left.

This is very frustrating as whatever is going on in the gold design seems to be hidden when looking at all the parameters associated with it.

Is there a way to get this look with the logo on the left? Please help.

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

The easiest way to get the "GOLD" look is to color by inserting an image . Choose your gold color. Save to your computer and color a dingbat image or text.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gold background&client=firefox-a&hs=TNQ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2DeeVPygD8yVyASQlIGgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

Use a GOLD image editor by exporting an image as a transparent .png then pick the appearance you want.Some scrolling down maybe necessary.
    http://www.picturetopeople.org/logos/online-golden-logo-editors.html

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  3. pego99

pego99

So I can't do this within The Logo Creator?

4. KD-did

KD-did

That will depend on if is text or if it is an image. For text do the insert image option....COLOR option in TLC. The other is an online editor...which you work with and then import the image.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yeah, what KD-Did said is spot on--- depends on if you used a font, either the embedded or a system font for the text VS copying and pasting an image of the text. Those links she provided are great links as well.

I messed around for a couple of minutes, just in the Logo Creator, and could duplicate the "gold effect" pretty easy, I didn't bother trying to match up the font...... please see the attached images... mw.JPG

mw1.JPG

mw2.JPG

mw3.JPG

snginc likes this.
  6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The following is nice to know info only if you have "Powerpoint".....

Of course, I'm a big fan of using all the text formatting found in MS Powerpoint. I set up the text, copied it a bunch of times, applied different text effects....

If I was planning on actually using the text in a logo I would make 1 slide in power point with just that text on it, then save that slide as a png image, and simply import it into the logo creator...

The attached image is just to show you the some of the text effects AVAILABLE IN POWERPOINT and how they are applied with just a few mouse clicks.....
    Slide1.JPG

7. pego99

pego99

Thanks for all these ideas. I will try. Where is the insert image option in TLC?

8. KD-did

KD-did

gold square.jpg Save GOLD image to your computer. Choose Text menu . Image option is there. See where it says IMAGE ....click on it Picture 1.png

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    gcuneo2 and snginc like this.
  9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

FILE / IMPORT JPG OR PNG

KD-did likes this.
  10. pego99

pego99

I have powerpoint 2010 will

11. pego99

pego99

Thank you all for this I will work on it this week I will let you folks know it goes. Much appreciated. Happy New Year everyone.