How do I get rid of the background

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by guitarmike, Aug 7, 2007.

1. guitarmike

guitarmike

Hi guys,

Im new to the logo creator and to designing. I was wondering how the hell I get rid of the background. For example I only want to keep 1 image and the text , so without the background. I want to cut around the image and text so I can easily put it on a website. I tried it with the background but the colors dont match exactly.

Please help
    Mike

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Are you talking about getting rid of the background from an image that you have?

3. guitarmike

guitarmike

euuh well if I have a logo, with for example one image and a piece of text. I want to cut around the image and text so that the entire jpg online consists of the text and image so no background.

I want to do this so I can put the image on a website without a different background color, because the colors dont match exactly

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You want to set your background to white and then export it as a tranparent gif. As long as your images are clean, you should get a nice, transparent logo that can be placed on any color. But, if your images aren't clean, then there may be that little fuzzy pixelation look around them.