1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

How do I export the 3D version of my Ecover?

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by lpburke, Dec 11, 2008.

1. lpburke

lpburke

Well, I've managed to create an eCover, but I can't figure out how to export it or copy it or anything. I CAN export a flat copy of it; however, I want a 3D copy. What am I missing?

Sorry to be so dense. I've attached a copy of the flat version, which is all I seem to be able to export.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Linda

2. KD-did

KD-did

It isn't that you are dense it is the fact that exporting happens differently when using WGC.
    Simply click on the camera icon to begin the exporting.

3. lpburke

lpburke

Something else must be amiss.

Never mind. I tried it again, just now without antialiasing, whatever that is, and it worked beautifully.

Is that something I need? Should I be concerned?

:image25:

4. KD-did

KD-did

It is more of determination by graphic type thing.

5. 3DS

3DS

a little thing about antialiasing

Aliasing are those little annoying little jagged edges along your images, especially more prominent when zoomed in close or even perfectly visible on lower resolution images. They are also more evident along curves.

These "jaggies" as most graphic artists call em, are a big inconvenience with "pixel" based graphics. "Anti-aliasing" is supposed to relieve or help make your image smoother along those edges. They don't completely get rid of them, just help it some.

Just be sure to export your images at a 300 resolution for anything to be printed, to be on the same side; and if your going to use them on the web, you can get away with a lower 72 or even 96 resolution.

Hope that clears it up a little bit.