How do I eliminate background?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by leroym, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leroym

leroym

I just took some photos of some gold nuggets I found and I need to get rid of the background so I can incorporate them in a logo/header
    Anyone have some ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for any help,

LeRoy

2. KD-did

KD-did

Do you have an image/photo editor onboard your computer?

3. leroym

leroym

I have been using Picnik- And Irfanview - And I just downloaded The Gimp- and after reading some posts I tried to use Imager but it only partially worked. I don't know what a good image/photo editor is. Can you suggest one? I shot these gold nugget photos against a brown leather background and maybe I should try it again using a different background, say plain white paper? Maybe that would work better?

4. KD-did

KD-did

You might find it easiest to do a background that you would use for your header/banner print it out and shoot the nuggets on top of that. Or use a plain white or black background. I can see where a leather background would be labor intensive to remove.

And you might want to try "masking" with TLC. Tutorial:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2189&highlight=masking

5. 3DS

3DS

Hi leroym,

Can you please post these images? I can remove any background for you.

6. leroym

leroym

Thanks to all. Turned out that it worked fine using the original background. I did not give that a thought. Just placed them at each end of the logo and so what if it's a different color as long as it's complimentary and doesn't clash.
    LeRoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.