Holiday Add On Packs Wanted!

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by gunsmoke, Mar 18, 2014.

1. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I know, we can search the web for all kinds of graphics. I know you have to many things to do now. But having just past St. Patrick's Day I was thinking of all the upcoming Holidays for the year. How cool would it be if you put together a 'Holiday' pack of graphics for Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc ...specific backgrounds, icons and such. Would be cool and I think users would line up to get it! I would!!

(I just hate searching through all the 'junk' on Google)

Come on users: Chime in here if this sounds like a good idea!

Leigha Baer likes this.
  2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

A good idea! I will start scouring and make my own libraries of various holiday stuff. One of the issues that many users may not realize is that ALL the graphics that come with ALL LAUGHINGBIRD PRODUCTS are100% royalty free! What does that mean? Whatever you make, you can sell!

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I moved your postto the wish list thread, don''t worry though, it still shows up as a new thread....

By the way: the free upgrade to version 6.8 of the logo creator is live!

http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/get-6-point-8/

4. Leigha Baer

Leigha Baer

I'd buy a holiday package!

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

That's what I like!!

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

7. KD-did

KD-did

Why not just look for "Public Domain " images. Here are 4 pages png images for St Patrick. Other holidays are available. http://www.pdclipart.org/thumbnails.php?album=64

Also holiday images can be found as font Dingbats. That and a paint program there is to no end to your images.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Because (most) of these type of site get images from all over the place. I've been through this before and been challenged on an image. Not fun. If you read the first line of the 'Terms of Service' that you agree to by using that site (and others) it reads like this...
    While it may or may not be in the public domain, I'd rather not take the chance since I'm designing for clients. What I love about TLC is that Marc guarantees that his images can be used and sold with no problems. If you search the net, be wary, and check everything. I agree that there are many public domain images, but you never really know until you get that email you never want to get!

gcuneo2 likes this.
  10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

yes, click on the previously provided link and fill in the info, THEN CLICK ON "GET THE UPGRADE"

Please note: You must have Logo Creator version 6.x already installed on your computer,
    this update does not contain any templates or graphics.

get it.JPG

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I filled in the comment box, never got that screen. doesn't work for me. Looking at the comments on there, doesn't work for a lot of folks.

Just a note, if that link was suppose to take us to a page with that box you show above, it does not. Just takes us to an info page that tells us all about the new features. And that's it.

13. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Just to let you know, the link is fixed and is now working! Thanks! :D

14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

My favorite part of version 6.8 is being able to change the width, and the height of the shapes. In the past I would have to make the shape in powerpoint, then export it..... image adjust.JPG

15. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I like the image skew! Awesome!! :D

16. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You can create your own custom library of images!

After you do that you will have a simple library of some springtime images! test springtime library.JPG

I created a custom made library in my LOGO ELEMENTS FOLDER, AND FILLED IT WITH ABOUT 10 IMAGES, which are all public domain, and royalty free!

For an image to show up in the pull down menus, like those you see below, they MUST BE IN THE PNG FORMAT! Any number of free programs can do it for ya.....

spring time.JPG

17. Omega466

Omega466

I'd buy a Christmas pak so I can make my own Christmas cards

18. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Got another option too. I don't think it's appropriate to post here, so drop me a note from the Contact page of the website in my signature and I'll email you the details.