High Resolution format

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Simonpatrick, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Simonpatrick

Simonpatrick

i have created my logo, but can't seem to be able to save it in a high enough resolution Jpeg for printing (it's only 37.9kb)....can anyone help?

2. KD-did

KD-did

You can change the DPI under the EXPORT header.
    You can make other choice of file format under the EXPORT header more options.

3. Simonpatrick

Simonpatrick

I have tried that, upto 2000 DPI but doesn't seem to make any difference

4. KD-did

KD-did

I recall that the maximum setting allowed by TLC is 1200 DPI. Over the years I can not recall ever having to have over 300 DPI even for professional printing jobs. Are you wanting to change something other than the DPI (dots per inch resolution), or file format. Try the MORE printing options under the EXPORT options.

5. GCFL

GCFL

I suggest you export in .png. .jpeg is a lossy type of format meaning it takes less memory BUT also sacrifices quality...particulary if you re-save the file over and over again. If you are wanting this for print, png is accepted almost everywhere now.

6. Simonpatrick

Simonpatrick

since chnaging the DPI seems to make no difference to the file size, i am wondering now maybe there is a problem with my software?

7. GCFL

GCFL

Do you mind posting it so i can see what it is looking like or feel free to send it to me and i will take a look at it and maybe can see what is going on. It's a long shot but perhaps I can help.

8. Simonpatrick

Simonpatrick

This is the hgihest size & resolution i have been able to get

Attached Files:

• SCP.jpg
      SCP.jpg
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
  9. KD-did

KD-did

This is a case where the inherent nature and limitations of the graphics itself ....of the "elements" appearance of glass is the biggest issue. There is a slight blurriness to the letter elements that gives the element its look. I suggest that you resize the elements individually at their best size, then export as a transparent png and bring back onto a clean canvas and reconstruct and crop the canvas if necessary to fill the canvas leaving just a small margin around it and use a resizing program such a Pixresizer or Irfanview to further enlarge and print your graphics if you are using a PC.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
    http://www.irfanview.com/

Attachment here are enlarged.

10. GCFL

GCFL

I agree with KD and will also note that anytime you use an element that involves a "glow" effect such as the red swoosh, you will find more difficulty with large prints and will ALWAYS have some element of blur. That is one reason printed logo's generally do not include some of the fancy effects found on digital or Internet only logos.

11. Simonpatrick

Simonpatrick

Thank you KD, i redid the logo with the elements much larger, and croped the canvas, and seems to have done the trick :)

12. KD-did

KD-did

Glad that I was able to help you out.