Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by lmc4u2, Mar 16, 2009.

1. lmc4u2

lmc4u2

I'm new to this but hope someone can help me.

I'm having a problem uploading a graphic for my logo. Each time I've tried, I've gotten an "aircontroller-copy file error # 2038."

What's up with that?

2. KD-did

KD-did

With so little information all I can tell you is you are getting an Adobe "AIR" error message maybe you need to update "AIR" , the "AIR" is damaged or your "Air" has a conflict with where you are trying to upload to.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/air/everyone/

3. lmc4u2

lmc4u2

Thanks. Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Air. Same error message when tying to upload any type of jpeg image. How do I confirm air is damaged or a conflict with where I'm trying to upload to.

I'm working with the blank template and after completing the information form, trying to add logo after browsing results in the error code. Pretty frustrating considering I just purchased the software! If I'm unable to use any of the jpeg graphics using this software, for me it renders it pretty useless and a waste of good money.

4. KD-did

KD-did

lmc4u2, it is still unclear to me what platform your OS is...Vista, XP or Mac? What program you are having issues with? What you used to unzip the program with?

5. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

Are you trying to upload the graphic to a website? What program are you using??

6. lmc4u2

lmc4u2

Thanks for your reply. My OS is Windows Vista and the software I'm having trouble with is Business Card Creator.

7. lmc4u2

lmc4u2

My OS is Windows Vista and having problems with recently downloaded Business Card Creator.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi IMC...

Try this:

Right click over the Business Card Creator icon.
    Choose "Run As Administrator"

Let us know if this works for you.

- Marc

9. KD-did

KD-did

Laughingbird, near as I can figure lmc4u2 is seeing the "air controller-copy file error # 2038 error message after being able to generate and export a jpeg file ..it is later when trying to upload to VistaPrint the error happens.

10. lmc4u2

lmc4u2

It worked! Thanks so much. I assume I'll need to do this each time I try to upload pictures, yes?

11. Wicked

Wicked

You may possibly have to do that every time. This type of issue is because of Vistas new way of doing things. No need fix whats not broken if you ask me. In the future you are going to have this same problem with other software you download. Here is a way to avoid it. Right now the user account you are using is not a Vista Administrator account. To avoid this issue with this software and other titles from any other companies or organizations you need to set up an Administrator account on Vista and do your business on that account.

12. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

If you have it as a shortcut on your desktop, right-click the icon and you should be on the Shortcut tab. Click the advanced button, select the "Run as administrator" option and save it.

If you are clicking start and navigating to the link, you can right click the link and so the same thing.

This should save you from having to right-click it and run as admin each time.