Hi-lites in an image

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Worlock, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Ok People...I searched again and didnt find this one, So here I am sharing another idea and technique with you, Hopefully you will not only find this "Neat" but Useful as well...

Making an image look high-lighted or as I call it..Having Shiny spot areas....Longer to say but you get my meaning..

Step 1- Take your image and select some swooshes and size them and place them around your image where you want them to be.

Step 2- Now select "Colorize" and select the color you want your hilights you want them to be, I prefer white on a colored image.

Step 3- rotate them to the position you want the shiny parts at...

Step 4- Now select "Blur" and either opaque them a tad bit or Blur them to your desired level

Tweak as needed...And you now have Shiny Spots on your image...It took me a whole 24 seconds to do the one below as an example to see for yourself, Not much time, Little thinking ( as you can see ) and added a nice effect to the image itself. So there you have it.

[​IMG]

This message brought to you by
    Laughingbird's Logo Creator
    Insert laughter here !

2. KD-did

KD-did

EXCELLENT information .If you think about it the same technique could also be used to add custom shadows.

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Wow...your RIGHT!
    Never thought about that one...another toy to play with..hehehehe...

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey great tutorial worlock. This should come in handy for others to use.

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Thats what Im hopin for :)
    and at the same time, this really does show versatility in the product...kinda goes with the Compare Thread....I just had to throw that in there!

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I gave one example using an image, Now heres one using Text...tell me ( or lie to me ) that you really cant see a difference and that it doesnt add life to it! :) Oh and BTW, whoever made this a "STICKY"....Thank you!

Attached Files:

7. KD-did

KD-did

In this day and age we are all spoiled visually (digital images- HDTV etc.) and if text doesn't pop it will be almost completely ignored...

I made a sticky of it yesterday...before I put my :2cents: in . Happy to give credit where credit is due. It really is a great tip.

8. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Im still using LDTV I guess hehehehehe.....cant afford those 4000 dollar tvs yet...Thanks KD for the sticky.

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Now that really looks great with text. Yes well worth being a sticky.

10. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Thanks Chris...I just noticed something too...Makes it look Ballooney ( Is that a word? Did I spell it right? HAHAHAHA )

11. KD-did

KD-did

Actually this is your second sticky in the forum! The other was making transparent .gif

12. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Correction Madam...3rd...Text and Image Glow Effect :lol:

13. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

additional way to make hilites or shadows

In the new text add a comma, c, parenthesis or any other shape font, add to screen click rotatable, at this stage I use color when I've got it where I want it I change the color to white (for hilite) or some shade of grey for shadow and proceed as Worlock suggests.....

14. Wicked

Wicked

I checked out this thread a while back and just wanted to pop in here to make sure I said thanks. This is really handy.