Hi, I'm so new I'm still squeaking

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by katychance, May 6, 2007.

1. katychance

katychance

I just purchased Web Graphics Creator because it seems things are presented in a way that it's easy to learn. I have done very basic website building and decided I would like to learn more about logos and graphics to use on websites.

I have created a logo and then I created another logo (transparent) thinking one would fall over the other, but that was apparently way too naive.

What I want to do is take a photo of a colleague and have it work the logo I made. Do I do something to make it all one logo?

I'd love some suggestions or ideas of how to do it or where to learn all about it.

-kc

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Hello katychance...Actually there are a number of things ( Options ) you can do to get the desired look for your logo...You can opaque one into the other.
    Or what I call blend the images..would you be willing to share the images so we can give better instructions? I have a logo I did using 2 images that I flattened together to make 1 image..I did it for a t-shirt....Check this post and see if its what your trying to do..And welcome to the forum...we're here to help :D
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/fun-sharing-forum/4348-designed-t-shirt.html

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Beat me again Worlock...hahaha

Welcome KC, there are alot of great people here that will be willing to help you out. I encourage all new comers to try the search command to help them find a few of the old posts. Some great information there also. Your desired effect isn't that hard to achieve, especially once you learn the software and get to know a few tricks of the trade.

Thanks for joining our little world of the internet!! [​IMG]

4. katychance

katychance

Well after I posted I did go looking around to see what I could find.

I think this thread is what I want to do: http://www.logodesignforum.com/foru...ansparent-backgrounds-graphics-web-sites.html

So far this is what I have done.

Unbelievably the wall in this picture is nearly the same color as the jacket the woman has on. (a shade of brown) and she's a blonde. Talk about a washed out looking picture. (oh well, she didn't ask for fashion101 from me so moving on...)

In my just learning mode I thought I had to make the background white, so I masked the image and then painted the background white.

Then I followed the instructions in the thread above from Shelley and nothing happened.

*sigh* so I didn't do something correctly.

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Did you try to upload the image off of your computer using the upload mgr? After uploading it, make sure you insert it by using the drop down on the upload mgr.

6. katychance

katychance

Yes I did both of those things, so I must have done something wrong before that. I'm in the middle of blending (stitching) the two images together. But the two images aren't the same size so the background isn't even.

Now a piece of the canvas shows through gray. So I guess I don't get my genius badge yet! *laugh*

I'm going to go and make a blank white image and paste it in. I bet that's the hard way, but hopefully it works!

7. katychance

katychance

Well, it's back to the drawing board. That didn't work. I uploaded the image and it's a different color white around the image I painted. The white spacer I put in the right hand upper corner is fine.

here's the link to look at it: JDH Travel & Consulting

8. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Is that the image your trying to work with? I seem to be lost in what your trying to do...I guess I dont understand it.

9. katychance

katychance

Yes that's the image. I blended the two together as you suggested and that worked.

What I don't like is that the white around the body and head isn't white like the rest of the image. So I know I've done something wrong in a previous step.

The left image (photo) had a brown wall background. So I painted that white. That's the step, I'm guessing, in being a novice I should have done differently.

10. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Are you after something like this?
    [​IMG]

11. katychance

katychance

Hi Worlock,

Thanks for continuing to give a hand. Yes, that's what I'm looking for. How did you fix it? That will teach me to help myself for the next time!

Thanks -KC

12. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Of Course I will....thats the reason we are here..I plan on making a video of how to do this because its not hard to do...but hard to understand how to do it...Whenever any one has a problem and cant figure it out...Just holler at any of the staff and we will do our very best to assist...You can count on it :D

I took your image off of your website you posted the link to.

Used another program ( outside of laughingbirds ) took all the grey out saved it as a *.png file so no white or grey shows...then took © The Logo Creator and imported the image into it and Wah-Lah saved it as you see it...took a whole 3 minutes to do...Dont give up... if you get frustrated...take a breath get on here and ask us for help :)

13. katychance

katychance

Well thank you, Worlock, for sharing your time and talent. Maybe one of my training wheels isn't squeaking for all your effort!

I'll have to educate myself a bit on this "taking the grey out". But that's part of it all, the learning.

-kc

14. Worlock

Worlock Guest

In the WGC...When you export your image..I know you can select "Gif - Transparent and PNG-Transparent..I dont know how the png transparent works exactly...but the gif part allows you to select the color you want removed from the image. You have to go to the image and select the color you dont want..Light Grey and White are so close in color that you can get lucky and both will be removed by the simple click of the mouse. :D...try it experiment with it...