Resolved Hi I need help with exporting to large size high quality!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by rjkleiner, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjkleiner

rjkleiner

I have a logo I am happy with and it works for business cards and letter head. I need it in a large high quality file format for a print add I am placing. The magazine editior asked if I could send it in a large file??????

I am not sure where to look or what to do?

please help!!!

Bob

2. KD-did

KD-did

Your needs and world of commercial printing for such things as magazine ads can be worlds apart in what they need and what you are use to. Usually what they require is conversion to a vector format and color separation for what is considered "specialty printing" ....
    some service providers like engravers, screen printers, sign companies, and specialty printers require vector art for their processes. Being you are probably under a time line to get this done ASAP your wisest course of action at this time would be to have it done for you. Turn around on conversion is usually 24 hours once you have uploaded the file. Investing in software with a steep learning curve is not an ideal situation to be in when you need it ASAP. At the end you will be left with a file that will hold its integrity with zero loss of resolution or color ...no matter if your logo is on a pen, tee shirts or the size of a bus.

Marc, recommends http://www.logo2vector.com/

3. PatentGuy

PatentGuy

I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed. When I was looking at different logo creation packages, what I liked about Logo Creator was that all the elements you use to build the logo were vector based. I guess I incorrectly understood that the output/export would be vector as well. I have a great logo and I need to have a banner printed up for a tradeshow - my logo looks awful because it needs to be blown up to 24". So I now need to pay someone to convert my logo to vector (EPS)?

4. KD-did

KD-did

You could try exporting as a PDF and enlarging that, but the only way you can be guaranteed true color and quality is to have it converted .Vector drawings can be scalable to any size without any loss in quality. This makes them ideal for company logos or other objects that have to be resized frequently. It is extremely important to avoid artifacts and distortions that can come from pushing graphics and text too far and you will want the files to be first generation rendering. You could try one of the free online converters ... or possibly get a friend that is either Photoshop or Illustrator friendly to help you out.

http://vectormagic.com/home

5. PatentGuy

PatentGuy

KD-did,

Brilliant idea. I have lots of friends in the photo and graphics world. What good are friends if you can't ask for a favor once in a while.

For all my other print needs, the pdf or jpeg will work. It is only the larger scale displays where the out-of-the-box software export will not work.

Thanks for the advise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.