Hi From Fallujah, Iraq

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by emp, Jan 10, 2008.

1. emp

emp

Hi All,

On my 3rd tour to Iraq and wanted to come up with a unit logo. I haven't bought the software yet as I am not sure which has military-type symbols. We have not decided on exactly what we want but most want something to with skulls, crossed bones, swords, rifles, the usual military stuff, as well as a Marine Corps emblem.

Would welcome any advice on which software package to buy as well how to get the the above symbols.

Thanks for any comments/advice.

Emp

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Emp.

Welcome to the forum.
    ... I've just responded to your eMail. Take a look at it and let me know what you think.

As for your question about the skulls and crossbone symbols ... The Logo Creator doesn't come with those particular images - but you can always import your own. Hop over to a site like http://www.clipart.com. Then, in TLC, use the File > Import menu item. PNG is the best format to import.

Hope this helps!

3. emp

emp

Marc,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated! Emp

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Welcome to the TLC forum, Emp. Glad to have you here with us. Thank you for your service.

5. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

I am quite sure the one of the guys or girls here would do you a good logo anyway
    keep up the good work in that far away place

6. emp

emp

Lamo1,

Thanks for the kind comments. We'll give it the old college try but I suspect we'll need some advice/help as we progress.

Emp

7. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

8. KD-did

KD-did

emp, there is always plenty of members ready, willing and able to help out.

My biggest hope is that all those that serve return home soon.

Here is a graphic I made just for you. If you need a larger version just PM me with an email address and I will send it to you.

9. OldenGray

OldenGray

Glad you posted, Marine. It gives me an opportunity to say how much I appreciate all you guys (and gals) are doing over there. Keep up the good work and God bless all of you.
    Olden

P.S. I will join in the group effort to help develop a unit logo in any way I can.
    O

10. emp

emp

Lamo1 - Hey thanks for the link! It's outstanding! Will dig in here for some graphics. Many thanks! emp

11. emp

emp

KD, What a cool graphic! Thank you - very kind of you! I think we're going to latch onto this one real fast. The guys are gonna love this one. emp

12. emp

emp

Hi Olden, Thanks for your comments - they are much appreciated and I will pass them along. Emp

13. prototype66

prototype66

Ill third what they said brother,HUGE thank you goes to all of our people doing their thing for us over there! God bless all of you and a safe return soon!!!If you don't have one yet I'll give it a whirl too,post back soon!