Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by galleryb, Mar 1, 2007.

1. galleryb

galleryb

Unfortunately, I didn't know what I missing until I received The Logo Creator in PS's Design Suite PE. Though I have Adobe's CS2 Premium and what was originally Macromedia's [now Adobe owned] Studio 8 package with Dreamweaver, Flash, etc., I'm fairly proficient with what I need to do in PS CS2 and less so in Illustrator - too much to do and too little time to learn how to do it properly. So, an incredible deal popped up for a NIB sealed copy of PS's Design Suite Professional Edition and it's cross-compatible with my Adobe software, etc.

I've been most fascinated by the incredible value I got for the $$$, followed closely behind by the latest version of The Logo Creator which is included in the Suite - it is really neat and I'm really, really looking forward to using it. Now, if only I can scrounge up the time to learn how to use it (which I gather from my tutorial and tips persuals so far is the easy part - the hard part is learning in an artistic sense what makes for a good looking, well-balanced logo) and experiment, that'll be great.

All of that notwithstanding, my hubby and I are taking early retirement to our co-owned business. He is the gifted wildlife woodcarver and I am the whimsical woodturner - we co-own Gallery B. Finding clip art that relates to what we do is nigh on impossible, so I've been trying to scan in some related photos and then use live trace in Illustrator to make the original photo, which I used PhotoShop to make a line drawing, kind of like pen and ink, if you will, vector graphics so I'll have some relevant clip art choices for our logo brand design. (CorelDRAW is included in the Suite PE, but I've already started the steep climb up the Illustrator learning curve).

I never expected to find something like Logo Creator in the Suite - I cannot emphasize how much I'm looking forward to working with and, hopefully, getting a permanent logo for our woodworking business created, first and foremost.

I am also delighted to discover this forum and an area where I can post my initial logo attempts for constructive criticism and suggestions - that will be great!

Kind Regards to All,
    Debie
    Gallery B :image06-2:

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hi galleryB welcome to the forum. :SayingHi:

I am wondering do you have a link to the software you are talking about. I would like to find out more about what you talked about. Finding TLC in PS Design suite.

3. galleryb

galleryb

Thank you. Sure, here's the very informative description of the entire PS Design Suite PE at Broderbund:

Broderbund: Software Downloads, Computer Software, Digital Photo Frame, Mavis Beacon, PrintMaster, Print Shop 22

Here's what led me to buy the software after I'd checked pricing online - this is a heck of a deal and I've never heard of nor dealt with this seller before, do not know this seller personally and would not profit a penny if anyone else decided to buy one of however many copies of this sealed NIB software package this seller happens to have available (I have no idea how many more copies, beyond the one currently listed and the one I purchased this seller may have available). Here's the link - I can personally attest this is a heck of a deal if all you got was The Logo Creator, latest version of course and Print Shop's Pro Publisher Deluxe v.22, also the latest version, but you get SO much more, including CorelDRAW 12 and FileStream's Photo Turbo Browser and Image Broadway, current versions and, finally, PS's Web Designer, which is really Virtual Mechanic's Spinnaker web designer, FYI. Here's the link for a heck of a deal, from which I derive absolutely NO benefit whatsoever, I'm just a very delighted buyer:

eBay: ~New~PrintShop Design Suite Pro Publisher Deluxe 22 (item 230097352206 end time Mar-04-07 16:08:14 PST)

Meanwhile, I'm off to take the Logo Creator on an initial spin - it looks like lots of fun!

Oh, to verify my own purchase of the Suite, you can check my eBay UID, which is gallerybminiatures (I turn full size artistic hollow forms from wood, but have developed a long-time following on eBay for my turned scale miniatures, hence, the peculiar User ID).

Kindest Regards, Debie

4. galleryb

galleryb

Hi Chris,

Apparently, The Logo Creator comes with the full version of Print Shop's Pro Publisher Deluxe, version 22, which is included in the Design Suite PE - in fact, the only other DVD in the Suite PE sealed retail package IS the Pro Publisher Deluxe 22 one and on the front of the disk itself it includes the key code for the Logo Creator. Here's the link to the Pro Publisher which includes The Logo Creator under the "Print and Share Plus" tab, about half way down:

Broderbund: Software Downloads, Computer Software, Digital Photo Frame, Mavis Beacon, PrintMaster, Print Shop 22

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards, Debie

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Deb.
    Welcome to the forum - and thanks for such a nice post!

Yes, I've partnered with Broderbund Software and have included The Logo Creator version 5.0 with their PrintShop Pro Duluxe. Broderbund is a great company.

(Deb, I'm glad you got such a great deal on eBay - however, be careful when buying software there. Sometimes ... its pirated and resold ... and, well, illegal in some cases).

Illustrator is a great program for converting images to vector - but try using Flash if you can!
    I use Flash's auto-trace feature to convert images into Vector. It's far easier to use and gives great results!

In fact, Dave, my brother (Bopean here in the forum), creates character mascots. He draws them, scans them, and uses Flash to convert them to Vector.

Have fun with everything! Sounds like you've got some work to do! :D

6. galleryb

galleryb

Hi Marc,

I haven't even started with the Flash tutorial DVDs/instructional books I have yet, although I did notice during my quick once over after registration that you also offer some software with Flash ... which may prove helpful to me as well. The old adage "time is money" has never been more applicable than with trying to learn massive software programs, or at least to learn as much of something like Illustrator or PhotoShop as is necessary to meet specific needs.

However, I must learn at least the basics of Flash before I launch our web sites, which I hope to have completed before the end of April at the very latest. Ditto for completing a logo brand as well.

We both also do wildlife/nature photography. Rich also creates/designs relief woodcarving and woodburning patterns and we both produce carving and turning pictorial tutorials in PDF format. Hence my need for InDesign and Acrobat Pro, as well as Illustrator. It's why we bit the proverbial bullet and purchased Adobe's Premium CS2 package.

I've no objection whatsoever to using programs like The Logo Creator or your Web Graphics Creator, etc., to help me get what I need to get accomplished for our little business. I had no idea TLC existed until Wednesday evening and was absolutely delighted to discover it as a part of the package. I haven't perused the you info on WGC thoroughly yet, but I will soon - it looks very promising.

As to buying software online, whether on eBay or anywhere on the 'net, the rule [for me, anyway] is never to purchase any software unless it comes in a sealed RETAIL box WITH the UPC code intact from a reputable seller/reseller - I won't buy retail boxed if the UPC code has been removed "for promotional purposes". If it doesn't come just like it would if I bought the retail box over the counter, in my mind, it isn't NIB "sealed" in its retail box, it's been tampered with, whether for "promotional purposes" or anything else - which is to say, if the sealed retail box has been altered in any way, don't buy it.

Also, I never buy OEM or "disc only", not ever, only sealed NIB retail boxed software from reputable sellers. "Retail Box not included, disc with registration key only" type "deals", so called, are either OEM, which are not supposed to be sold outright, only as part of software bundled with a new system purchase; or you can bet "disc only" is pirated with an un-registerable registration "key". Such "registration keys" are only good to load the pirated software (and who knows what else) onto the buyer's system, not for legitimate registration which entitles the buyer to patches and discounted upgrades, etc. You'll notice the first thing I did with my TLC and the rest of the software programs included in the Suite PE was to register immediately after installation.

Ah, well, enough of my verbosity! In closing, I really am impressed with TLC and appreciate the Forum, which I'll undoubtedly need for help and suggestions along the way.

Kind Regards, Debie