Hi, everyone... and a question for (Mark??)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by HGLESSER, Sep 8, 2007.

1. HGLESSER

HGLESSER

My name is Hartley and my wife and I run High Sierra Media Group in Truckee. I have been using The Logo Creator and the various logo sets for quite some time. We use the logos for our websites and also for our video productions. I believe we have purchased all but one Logo Set, and we also have and use CIC, FAC, WGC. The pricing is very fair, and the finished product is professional in appearance and quite usable...

Unfortunately, about two months ago, after upgrading our Mac version 5.0 to 5.1, TLC could no longer find our Logo Libraries. Even stranger, if the libraries can't be located by the program, how is the program able to rebuild old logos built using "unlocatable" libraries.

Within the main folder "Applications" on the main hard drive resides my "The Logo Creator v5" folder, with the following subfolders within the Logo Creator v5 folder: Logo Librarires, Resources, the app itself, and Extras.

Shouldn't the app be reading these files are being "available?" Or, should I move them to another location on my hard drive? Thank you for any reply...

Sincerely,
    Hartley Lesser:image23:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Hartley.
    Thanks for the post.

I'm a little confused by it however.

Try this:
    (this is a Mac issue, Windows users ... don't follow this, it may not make sense)

Right click (or Option click) over "The Logo Creator v5" icon.
    Choose "Show Package Contents"

Then choose: Contents > Mac OS and let me know if you see the Libraries folder. Open this up and tell me what you see.

Also, open up the 'Elements' folder and tell me what you see.

We'll then take it from there.

- Marc

3. HGLESSER

HGLESSER

From Hartley: in reply...

Hi, Mark,

Nice to hear from you, the great one himself!!! OK, did the "Show Package Contents" bit and the file/folder resultss are (tah-dah) -- Info.plist, MacOS, PkgInfo, Resources (English.lprog (InfoPlist.strings)), Resources Disabled (empty). There is no library folder in MacOS (which I can easily move there from "The Logo Creator v5" folder on the main hard drive). I do not have an Elements Folder... hope this gives an inkling as to what to do next, but I have a pretty good idea... thnx...

:image10-2:

Hartley

4. HGLESSER

HGLESSER

Hi, Mark,

I answered your questions regarding my inability to access the logo libraries a few days ago, but have received no reply to my answer, unless I'm missing something... if so, would you please repost? I am designing some logos for another web site and I need to access the libraries! Thank you...

Hartley

:image10-1:

5. KD-did

KD-did

Did you "Repair Permissions" after updating?