hey prototype66 &

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by nonlogo, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonlogo

nonlogo

Please share your thoughts with this logo...???
    annnnd yeppers, I want those critical thoughts also please...

annnnnnnnnnnd thanks

Attached Files:

2. prototype66

prototype66

There ya go! but watch the birdie, He's falling off! lol just kiddin!
    looks good.

3. OldenGray

OldenGray

I think it's a decent start, but it doesn't have any punch, pizazz, or wow factors. I will offer what I think is fair criticism, but please take it in the manner in which it is offered:
    1. The "L" and the "K" are too far apart and the ampersand looks like it doesn't belong.
    2. IMHO, I would bring the L and K together and forget the ampersand. (Also, what do stars and stripes have to do with a cleaning service? That goes for the eagle, too.)
    3. The type faces are all wrong for this logo. I would think you might have gone with something more "industrial" for the type faces and kept them tightly spaced and heavy.
    4. Make the LK the dominant symbol and if you insist on keeping the eagle, then have the bird perched on top of the LK with the wings spread.
    5. I would render the LK in more of a metallic color with some reflections and shadows for emphasis.
    6. Keep your slogan and business name in the same face, only subdue the slogan and emphasize the business name. And, tighten up on the letter spacing.
    :Working:Remember, this is only my criticism and personal opinions and I offer it only to help you along. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the final solution.
    Olden

4. nonlogo

nonlogo

ok, here's my changes......

but I'm not sure what you're telling me with "only subdue the slogan"

and I'm not to sure how to do reflections...........also, doesn't this logo also need an element with it..??

and thansk very much you guys.......especially with the critical opinions..... i like those!!!!

nonlogo

Attached Files:

5. nonlogo

nonlogo

I also made/created these two.......now trying to figure out what type of element to add.............????

Attached Files:

6. nonlogo

nonlogo

just added an outline and also changed the shadow.....

Attached Files:

7. nonlogo

nonlogo

ok,,, spent more time, trying to figure out what to add, making certain it states the 'cleaning' message.........other than just the word cleaning (in the co. name)

here's my ..........finished two designs.....???

Attached Files:

8. nonlogo

nonlogo

just noticing.the word 'possibilities' with the logo with the diamond shape ...'possibilities' looks too long...........??

and ...........any suggestions from you logo gurus..for this logo-rookie..LOL

thanks ya'all

nonlogo

9. OldenGray

OldenGray

Operating on the principle that "simple is better," I liked your first submission. I think you are on the right track. The others....well, need I say more? BTW, when I suggested that you "subdue" your slogan, I meant to gray it back, subordinate it, or, as some might say, "ghost it." Good choice of type on both the LK and the biz name though. I would make the LK big, big, big and try to make the slogan the biz name the same width, or stack "cleaning" and "services" over each other. A simple way to get the prominence of the company name. :image28:
    Olden

10. prototype66

prototype66

well....you know what the client likes (hence tyhe red white and blue patriotic/ eagle theme) and everyones opinion is subjective.
    I think you have a nice variety for your client to choose from.I do think busy is not a good look for a logo and I also think too many design elements clutters your design.

11. nonlogo

nonlogo

ok,,, here's my changes with my first submission.........
    whatcha think????

and i guess i don't know how to, or still not fully understanding the gray it back, or ghost it....(sorry) is it possible you can show me an example...? or explain please..??

annnnnnnnnnd thanks to ya all....

nonlogo

Attached Files:

12. OldenGray

OldenGray

By "graying it out" or "ghosting the type" would mean to lessen its impact on the design. In your color menu there are several palettes to choose from. Within those palettes are various colors varying in intensity from light to heavy (intensity). Black has several variations ranging from black through several grays, to white. So, to gray out the type would be to select a very low intensity gray. Not so much that you would lose the type's visibility, but heavy enough so that it's readable yet still not a strong part of the logo. This also works with any color; it just reduces the intensity (or weight) of the type and enhances the logo.

In the old days, you would refer to this effect as "screening the type," and you would specify to the photoengraver that you wanted the type to be 75%, 50%, etc. and the end result would be that you ended up with type reduced in value by whatever percentage you required. Hope this helps you get a handle on the graying and/or ghosting thing.

I also agree with "prototype66" when he says "[only]you know what the client wants." Sometimes you win and sometimes the client wins.
    Olden

13. prototype66

prototype66

Agreed. The way I like to look at it would be if both you and the client win! Wiin win is the best I always say! Right Mr OldenGray sir?

14. OldenGray

OldenGray

Prototype66....You are absolutely, 100% right! When you and the client both win, that's the best of all possible outcomes. You walk away happy, the client walks away happy and your bank balance just got bigger. It just don't get any better'n that. Every time I go into see a client, I wear 3 hats: diplomat, psychic, and designer.
    :image05:Olden

15. nonlogo

nonlogo

hey oldengrey, I appreciate you taking that time to explain the ghosting/grey thing to me. Now I understand....

I'll be back..show ya what my ghosting attempt looks liek then...LOL

and prototype........ thank you to as well......

nonlogo

16. prototype66

prototype66

This is the one I had but had not used.
    [​IMG]

17. OldenGray

OldenGray

:image28:
    Fantastic! Now, that is a nice logo. My only suggestion would be to tighten up on the letter spacing and make the "professional, commercial, industrial" all on one line and in a less intense color . I think you have incorporated all the elements in this one. GOOD JOB!
    Olden

P.S. I love tight letter spacing. An old creative director of mine drummed that into my thick head.

18. nonlogo

nonlogo

see there prototype,,, NICE JOB!!

and puts mine to that status of,,,,,,,, nonlogo LOL

it does look much better than mine that's for certain....and puts mine to that status of,,,,, 'nonlogo'

I can say this, I may not be there yet with designing/creating logos, yet it is quite fun that's for sure........

I do have a question though...in regards to oldengray saying put 'professional, commercial and industrial' all on one line,

wouldn't that throw it off balance though?? and remember, iam,

nonlogo..............

also, earlier I was attempting to do the 'ghosting' grey thing with this logo, did I come close??? and do not hesitate to criticize

thanks

Attached Files:

19. nonlogo

nonlogo

hey, I just remembered.the image/concept I wanted with the L & K logo was with the L and K on TOP of buildings..........

and whatever the slogan/tag was going to be, was between two yellow lines......(teh message being, L&K is on top and IN the inside the lines) is that message actually possible just from looking at a logo image??

The question I really want to ask is this, does anybody know where I can get some building fonts or dingbats??

I do have in the TLC something like 21st century, yet the majority of them don't work..and also there wasn't a building font in there that i actually wanted for this paticular image....??

and thanks.,....

20. nonlogo

nonlogo

hey prototype, you kinda encouraged me to make some changes....

does this one appear any better than the first one I attempted?? and also, if ya'all couls again share with me the critical thoughts/comments please...

as always, thank you

nonlogo

b/t/w... i tried to edit my LAST post...with the yellow lines, those would have represented the yellow line (rules) inside factories and such....

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.