Hey, need some input.

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Abihsot, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Abihsot

Abihsot

Hello everyone a bodybuilding forum I am currently working on is under construction and some input is needed please.

To start the name of it is:

Vast Bodybuilding
    www.vastbodybuilding.com

My first question to you all is, what do you think of this name for a bodybuilding forum? ...It sounds pretty unique to me :P

You may be wondering what vast means in relation to bodybuilding and it's believed bodybuilding is so great/huge/immense that it really relates to it well. Definition of Vast

Their slogan for it is:

Always Surpass.
    Bodybuilding Forums.

As well here are the designs that I have been working on for it, they are still in the works so please remember this:

Main Logo - [​IMG]

Slogan - [​IMG]

What it looks like on a t-shirt:

Front - [​IMG]

Back - [​IMG]

So please all and any input for this is greatly appreciated :)

Would you guys join a bodybuilding forum called this....?

I have to finish the project soon as the deadline for it is coming up. :image28:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Abihsot.
    Welcome to the forum.

I love it.
    I love the logo and the way it looks on a tShirt.

I'm not quite positive on the word 'Vast' however.

Nice work. It's hard to get good names - I think you'll do well with branding this.

Anybody else have any feedback?

3. OldenGray

OldenGray

You're going to get some negative feedback on the "VAST". Rhymes with a word I shall not mention here in polite circles, so you may be leaving yourself open for some ribbing. If you don't attain your body building goals will you be "half-vast"? Always have to be on the lookout for those kinds of words and associations, even more so in a commercial application. I apologize for even bringing this up. :image10-1:

But, I do like the way you joined the "V" and the "Bs". Unique! Very good design! And the marketing setup for the slogan and t-shirts looks pretty good, too. So, I guess you could discount my criticism (albeit well-meaning) and forge ahead. :image28:

Are there any other words that you can substitute for "vast?" Vast means "very great in size" or "an immense space." Anybody got any ideas about a word beginning with "V"? Just a little food for thought and I hope not upsetting.

Olden Gray

4. OldenGray

OldenGray

I quickly skimmed through Webster's looking for some "V-word" alternatives to "Vast." Here's some of what I came up with:
    1. VECTOR (to mean, on a trajectory to building better bodies)
    2. VELOCE (to mean, fast or quick)
    3. VERSA (to mean, an alternative, or the opposite)
    4. VOLARE (It.; to mean, moving fast)
    I'm sure that there are other "V" words, but these are all I could come up with for the moment. Of course, there's always "value".
    Olden

5. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

maybe Vasc, short for vascular??

6. OldenGray

OldenGray

Or maybe even something coined, like....
    VASQ ? Lots of good opportunities to do something typographic.
    Olden

7. Abihsot

Abihsot

Hey thanks a lot I appreciate the feeback in this. Yeah the logo is pretty sweet as well the colors to me are sooo cool.
    Yes about the word "Vast" I'm not sure if I'm going to use this or not now... I have been getting a lot of how do you say it, bad feeback on it. I have some more names I was thinking of that I'm would also like to get your opinion on :)

Cool yeah I'm somewhat on the same page with you about the word "Vast", I am getting some bad feeback on it. I guess some people just don't like it or something...

Cool thanks for doing that, some more things to think about :)

hmmm, not bad not bad :)

8. Abihsot

Abihsot

Okay well I need some more of your excellent opinions on some on these names/domains as well as logo that I have come up with, please let me know out of them what would be the best to start a bodybuilding forum up with:

Name (Domain)

1. Vast Bodybuilding (vastbodybuilding.com)
    2. Bodybuilding0 (bodybuilding0.com) Logo for it - [​IMG] as well t-shirts with it - [​IMG][​IMG]
    3. The Bodybuilding Site (thebodybuildingsite.com)
    4. Ubertreffen (ubertreffen.com) <-- German for "Surpass"
    5. Bodybuilding Forums (bodybuildingforums.net) <-- remember it's a .net
    6. Talk Fitness (talkfitness.org) <-- Again not a .com instead a .org

So out of these one's what do you guys think I should create a bodybuilding forum off of? I'm leaning towards Bodybuilding0.com , it's really unique...

9. OldenGray

OldenGray

If I may make a suggestion: why not move the "O" at the end of "Bodybuilding" to the "O" in the word. Make it in a narrow type style and in a bigger font than the word. I think the "O" at the end of "BodybuildingO" looks like an afterthought. BTW, I thought of another "V" word: "Vaya" as in vaya con Dios. To go.
    Olden

10. OldenGray

OldenGray

I probably should not have done this, but I liked the red and black color combination so much (my alma mater) that I had to put in my "two cents" worth. Probably not what you wanted, but a lot of fun to do, nevertheless.
    Olden :image07-1:

Attached Files:

11. OldenGray

OldenGray

O.K., it's a slow day, it's cold outside, can't go fishing, just fooling around, and I'm having fun working on this logo. Hope you don't mind. Anyway, here's a couple more ideas and if it opens up other design avenues, so much the better. Glad to have helped, if I did.
    Olden

Attached Files: