here's another logo i am hung up on.

Discussion in 'Logos and other Graphics reviewed' started by Wayne Walker, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Wayne Walker

Wayne Walker

again, after seeing some of the work here. What I've created seems a bit one-dimensional. Any ideas how to make it "pop" more will be much appreciated.

I am so not getting the full use of the software.

change.PNG

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The best way to get better is to make logos, lots of em. I like this logo much better than the other one-- this logo is more visually appealing to me. The font is kinda "Blah"--- Don' logo4.JPG t be afraid to try out all the cool embedded fonts. Don't be afraid to try circular logos.... here is one I made in a few minutes...

3. Aceman

Aceman

I like it. Im just getting started so don't really have much to offer. I did read that you should use no more than two fonts, which you have done.

4. Aceman

Aceman

A good job w/circular.

5. SerryJW

SerryJW

Hi Wayne. I think you have too many colors. I would change the navy and maroon to a version of your green & yellow.
    Good Luck, Serry

6. Aceman

Aceman

Hey, generally speaking, I don't like pastels. I would change the text to reds or greens or blues, like the circular logo.
    Ed A.

7. SerryJW

SerryJW

Let us see, after you are done.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Personally, the color scheme isn't working for me--- green, yellow, purple, blue.... At least you've gone out and made an original logo! That's the hardest thing, starting from scratch, then asking for feedback.... I'm no artist so sometimes Logo's I've spent some time on I'm proud of, my wife will look at and say "Why did you use that shade of green, are you nuts?"...

9. SerryJW

SerryJW

UNLESS you have a great sense of color, I'd stick with 3 colors. Google 'color wheel'...this will give you a good idea of which colors work well together.

10. SerryJW

SerryJW

Do a version with the 'world' replacing the 'O' in YOUR mind.

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I do know that you must think of your target audience, 'specially if marketing stuff: Guys like blue, Ladies like pink....

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yeah I never give up trying, I really dont have any artistic ablility so it's a bit harder for me. One thing I've discovered I've been doing: I open up powerpoint to edit graphics quickly (beveled edges, 3d effects, etc) and keep it open, one done editing, export png, copy and past into TLC. BAdda bing!

KD-did likes this.
  13. IanMcRV

IanMcRV

Three statements in one logo is not going to work.

Boil it down so that you don't totally bore your audience.

What are you trying to say?

I actually can't guess.

Just using a TLC template and 2 seconds I have this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014