Help.......

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by upchuck, Feb 12, 2008.

1. upchuck

upchuck

Greetings.....
    I have LC 4.1 running on a iMac (Core Intel) system. The last time I used LC, I was running OSX 4.4 (Tiger), and it seemed to work fine. I have since upgraded to OSX 4.5 (Leopard), and not when I try to load it, I get a panel displayed saying"

"Director Player Error
    Handler not defined
    #recordFont
    Script Error. Continue?

Yes No"

If I click continue, it sort of functions, but templates are not correct.

Is LC 4.1 Leopard compatable?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smiliegenerator/ablage/135/14.png

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Upchuck.
    (LOL, what a name).

... welcome to the forum

I believe v4.1 is having "issues" with the new Intel Macs.
    Update to version 5.0. I've sent you a link to it in a PM.

I'll be posting a free update to v5.0 (without the new logos) shortly for others.

- Marc

3. fyngyrz

fyngyrz

Same problem here, plus old PPC Mac/Leopard install now fails

Marc,

Using version 4.1, I provided my details to digital river, re-downloaded (though I still have the original archive), did the before and after "repair permissions" dance on my new Mac Pro 8-core, no joy - same "handler not found" on the Intel machine others are reporting after selecting a sample logo, which fails to build.

On the old PPC machine, which has been upgraded to Leopard, it won't even completely start -- I get a square window instead of the long one with the drop-down set chooser, and only the default Mac menu.

Would very much appreciate a link to 5 or whatever will make this work, totally shot down right now.

--Ben
    :image25:

4. KD-did

KD-did

Did you use the latest version of the recommended StuffIt Expander for unzipping the program?
    Allume Systems (formerly Aladdin): http://www.allume.com

5. Mr Laughingbird

KD is exactly right.

Grab the newest version of Expander for Mac.
    (even if you already have Stuffit Expander). The newer version will unpack the software properly.

Marc

6. fyngyrz

fyngyrz

Hmmm. Ok.... I'll try that on the new machine.

So how does that address the issue of the software no longer working on the PPC machine it has been installed on all along? It worked fine, prior to Leopard.

7. fyngyrz

fyngyrz

Nope, no change.

Got the latest expander, dragged the old expander to the trash, re-expanded the original 4.1 archive, ran the install, opened the app, selected corporate logos 1, picked a logo, it said building, then choked with the same error:

[​IMG]

Click yes, app continues but no different behavior. Click no, app closes.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Hmmm....
    Very strange fyngyrz.

I'm sorry to see this.
    I use Lepoard - and have no troubles. I don't know what's causing your errors.

PM me your eMail address (and a reminder of this thread) and I'll hook you up correctly.

Marc

9. fyngyrz

fyngyrz

Ok, here's where we are now.

On the big machine -- Leopard 10.5.2, Intel 8-core, 8GB RAM, 2.8GHz -- I installed the updater (which Marc provided) and it worked just fine as far as I can tell. You can select any sample and it builds as you'd expect it to. haven't tried making any custom logos yet, but so far, so good. I am, as always, somewhat taken aback at the quality of the logos; outstanding. Anyway...

My original PPC mini, Leopard 10.5.2, 1.5 GHz G4, 1 GB RAM, opens with a splash screen that says "Version 5", then switches to what looks like the edit window (same place as the edit window on my big machine, same size too) which says "Version 4.5"; at this point, the single TLC menu is up, but only contains "Quit" and a few of the usual Mac defaults -- there is no menu item for "About", nor do the "File" or "Web Help" menus appear. I've left it sit for fifteen minutes, no change. The machine has had its permission repaired, the only things found were some items in the Java engine (3 of them.) Nothing that would obviously impact the Director engine.

There were some of the Leopard permission units, unexpected, but not problematic according to Disk Utility. I used the extracted copy of the v5 updater that was extracted with the correct extractor on my big machine. I started the program the same way: The new install put the v5 icon in Applications, where the 4.1 install had put it in a drawer inside Applications. I dragged the old icon out of the dock, and the new one (from Applications, not the drawer) into the dock. On my big machine, this worked fine. On the small machine, results as described above after what the installer said was a successful install that properly located the previous version.

I would really like this to work on both machines if humanly possible. Further, most of my previous work is on the PPC machine (somewhere) and I'd like to be able to access it.

Any ideas?

10. Mr Laughingbird

LOL.

Hi fyngyrz.

Glad to hear the update worked... on one machine.
    but I'll be honest and say I'm really confused on what you've tried to do above. ... and I'm an avid Mac user.

Here's what should happen (in theory).

- You have an older version (v4.1) installed on your computer.
    - You double click on the v5 updater.
    - It locates your old v4 version inside your Applications folder.
    - the installer creates a NEW logo creator application (v5 now) and puts it along side of v4. It does not modify or delete version 4.0

Now, you have two software products. Version 4 and Version 5.
    You're welcome to toss v4 if you wish.

fyngyrz, go into your Applications folder and double click on the v5 icon.
    Moving pieces around as I think you've done above will definitely mess something up.

You should start from scratch. Install the original v4.
    Then update with the v5 update I gave you.

Marc