Resolved Help with Jaakssi font

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by icecream, Aug 2, 2006.

1. icecream

icecream

I am looking for the font Jaakssi which is a TLC font.

I can't find the font anywhere on the internet. Is there anyway I can get this font to use outside of The Logo Creator or does anyone know of a font that is similar ???:thankyou: :

2. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

We all scream for ICe...sorry.

The font you are looking for is "Courie TT" (true type) It's a Serif font

Jaakssi is a slightly modified version Courier.

hope this helps

3. icecream

icecream

you did mean Courier and not courie I presume. I will do a search for a similar courier font. Thanks for your input

4. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

yes. sorry about the missing "r"

5. OldenGray

OldenGray

I didn't know Ari Jaaksi had a font named after him. Am I wrong in thinking he is a software developer? What's this about a Jaaksi font? Anybody know?
    :image10:
    Olden

P.S. There are only about a bazillion different versions of Courier. And, most of the fonts are so similar as to be virtually identical.... only tiny changes.

6. KD-did

KD-did

7. OldenGray

OldenGray

KD-Did, Most of the Microsoft products come with the Arial font installed (as a system font) and it's probably the most used and common web font. Courier is also a web-compatible font which is based on the old typewriter type with very pronounced serifs. Lots of variations in Courier, but most are pretty boring, straight-forward stuff. Arial is a sans serif font. Guess we got a little off topic here, but everything adds to our education, doesn't it?
    Olden

Oh, I meant to say that TLC does recognize your system fonts in addition to the fonts that come with TLC.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Macs come with Arial too but not the entire family so it is nice to have the AKAs .

TLC embedded fonts are not TTFs so they can't be used in other programs except as an exported image.

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

This font is located in the "Resource" folder of TLC it is a *.cxt file extension and has to be copied to the resource folder to be used. If anyone needs it again post and it will be delivered.