HELP! Urgent Why can't I export in high res?!!!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by ibydesign, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ibydesign

ibydesign

I need help. It appears that I can't export in hi res, and I have a client standing at a printer's and the printer says his logo is no good because it's not hi res. How do I export in hi res?

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Ib.

How big do you need the logo to be?
    You can choose the MODIFY menu and select the "dpi" setting. Set it to 200 or 300 dpi.

I would also recommend you checking out
    Logo2Vector.com

they'll convert your logo into a "vector" format. Vector images can be scaled up to the size of a bus without loss in quality.

If you just need the image for a business card, 150 to 300 dpi should work great.

- Marc

3. ibydesign

ibydesign

300 is very low dpi in the printing world. I should be able to export it out much higher, and without paying an upcharge for every logo to convert it to Vector!!! If this is logo creator software, it should be able to handle logo printing jobs, without an outside service.

I find this frustrating. I've had other clients tell me they couldn't use my logo because of the low res problem, too.

I also don't get why all of a sudden I can't print letterhead from directly in logo creator, as I have been able to do for years.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Tasha, can you attach your logo here in the forum so I can take a look at it?

Also, let me know what you're planning on doing with the logo so I can help a bit better.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Also, I see you've been using The Logo Creator quite a bit!
    You've been a long time user of the software.

You mention above that you shouldn't have to pay to convert each logo to vector format.

You don't have to convert each logo. I see most of your images are web based. (did you get paid for them? Just curious).

...Only the images you need blown up larger (like a tradeshow banner for example) should be vectorized.

business card images are easy.
    Take a look at The Corporate Identity Creator

If you're creating a logo for a customer who wants large images (trade show images), I'm sure the customer wouldn't expect to pay $30. You could easily charge them $100+ and still make a profit after you convert the image to vector.

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Tasha -- I know Marc will try to help you thru this.

But, I did want to say that I use www.vistaprint.com alot and they recommend 300 dpi for all of their print. The one thing that I have found is you must import high quality images into TLC and it will export high quality. It's real hard to take something fuzzy/grainy and make it look pretty.

7. ibydesign

ibydesign

Well, here's the thing. When you create a logo for somebody, they usually have a marginal budget, and they want to be able to use it for letterhead, web, business cards, door signs, etc. So it needs to be flexible. That's why I try to create everything originally in LogoCreator, and would like to be able to export in greater than dpi.. without involving a lot of other programs. Clearly the .tlc files are large and carry the details that a higher res output would support.

Attached Files:

8. ibydesign

ibydesign

My Modify menu does not have "dpi" setting.

9. ibydesign

ibydesign

My export menu says that export is set at 300 dpi.... they're still having trouble with that working.

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Are they trying to stretch your design to make it larger?

11. vnco2000

vnco2000

Go to Export -----> Export Resolution and choose 300 dpi and you will get high resolution

I try to do that and print it out on paper but the logo look blury and no edgy.

12. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Is this the logo you need in vector format? If you still need it.