Help to new user please

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Andromeda, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda

Hi!
    I'm new user and have two questions.
    The Fırst is:
    how can I type the text in two or three lines. (ungrouped) i can't find "Add this text" button
    The second is:
    how can i add more shapes to shapes pack.

Thanks

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Andromeda welcome to the forum. To add several lines of ungrouped text do the following

Enter your first line of text and click the use this text button to put it in the design window.
    click on a blank area of the design window
    Now you can enter a different line of text and click the use this text button to put it in the design window.
    Repeat the process as many times as you need.

Before trying to answer your second question can you tell me which Laughingbird program you are using?

3. KD-did

KD-did

Andromeda, rather than go through the process of adding more shapes into a the shapes pack why not use "dingbats".If you look in the embedded fonts you will see a font named "Shapes". There are MANY advantages to using dingbats . 1) no color issues 2) they can be outlined and you can adjust the outline width.3) you can use any of the built in text effects that TLC offers.Basically if it can be done to text it can be done to any dingbat. Dingbats cover huge variety of shapes and subjects. If you have a paint program onboard dingbats can be painted.

Dingbats can be downloaded for FREE from most font sites. Just unzip and install to your system font folder.

Here is the tutorial on working with the "Shapes" dingbat In TLC.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/tutorial_07.htm

To see a painted dingbat look at the 5th posting.
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3961&highlight=educational

4. Andromeda

Andromeda

Thanks to Doc and KD-did.
    I'm using The Logo Creator v5