Help installing TLC in windows 8.1

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by ZenMountainFarms, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ZenMountainFarms

ZenMountainFarms

I purchase the full version yesterday and installed it on a new pc I purchased just for designing graphics and printing lables for our chilli farm. The program loads but there are no logo sets to select from and the screen looks like the older version. Could it be because windows 8.1 installs under Program Files (86) instead of regular Program Files directory? I'm pretty much disgusted with windows 8.1 It's not an OS it's like a media box with too much going on instead of just being an OS.

2. ZenMountainFarms

ZenMountainFarms

Also does anyone know what directory the logo sets are supposed to be in so i can see if the directory was even created? Thanks!

3. ZenMountainFarms

ZenMountainFarms

It works now. I uninstalled and removed all directories, then I re-installed and now everything appears to work, now I can finally get to work!

4. KD-did

KD-did

Did you or what did you do differently so the program now works as it should?

5. ZenMountainFarms

ZenMountainFarms

Yeah I wish I could say exactley what fixed it but all I can tell you is I uninstalled, removed all the directories, deleated the download package and the extracted package then re downloaded the package. I got rid of Internet Explorer today because all of the pop ups were driving me mad and I used firefox this time to download. That's the only difference. There was lots of warnings about the software not being recognized so windows blocked the download and do I want to allow the download anyhow. It did that both times I downloaded. Also this might be something to think about. I had to cancel install the first time after it locked up when I got this message:
    Error Creating File
    users\kevin\appdata\local\temp\aitmp\aifile.cab
    Then I hit okay and got:
    Access Denied
    A.O. Error 103
    and the install just set there for 5 minutes so I hit cancel, and restarted the install and it installed just fine this time..

I dont even want to know but I hope this helps, I would go back to DOS if technology would let me LOL.

Kevin

6. KD-did

KD-did

You maybe on to something...those of us who DON"T use IE haven't had any issues...,maybe that is what we need to ask. I am not a programmer so maybe it is just a simple conflict between IE and TLC.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Are you using any download utilities to help manage your downloads? aitmp \ aifile.cab is typically associated with a download utility....

8. bernardmatos

bernardmatos

'm just trying to download software from your link in the received receipt email. Not happy,

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What software? Where was the purchase made? When was the purchase made?

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Can you be more specific? Why are you unhappy? We need a little more to work with . . .:rolleyes: