Help I Am Getting Angry

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Keeper, May 18, 2005.

1. Keeper

Keeper

Help - I need to create a badge!

Hi,

I am trying to create three or four club badges for my new football (soccer) team for next season and the first one I have created is a button type circular one with text in the outside border similar to 'Alanta's Best DJ' tutoral but I have one really, really big bug that is annoying me beyond belief. I cannot for the life of me get the bottom text to arc upwards but to 'read' correctly as per the tutorial. In that tutorial it says once you duplicate the text it will arch up automatically - NOT! I guess this is a tutorial on an older version of TLC so I searched the forum and found this gem:

To make your text arch up, press return/enter before the line you want to
    curve upwards.

I am not sure what that sentence even means! I have let my wife have a go (she is a software programming expert) and she can't get the text to arch upwards nor can I. I have spent over and hour and half trying to get one line of text to arch upwards but not read upside down at the same time. I have now given up, it has beaten me.

I don't mind if someone tells me I am as thick as a plank as long as someone helps me out....I am hoping it is something really, really simple I am missing but I must admit I was lookiing forward to creating three or four badges that I could show off to my new team and so far, after and hour and a half I have zilch and the whole episode has put me off for tonight.

A very dejected David Strover
    david.strover@tiscali.co.uk

2. Shelly

Shelly

Ok, it s simple:- type the text you want for on the "top" part of your circle,then hit return and type the text for the "bottom" part. then go to format in the menu and click "circle"

toptext(now hit return)
    bottomtext( now go to menu/format circle.

by adjusting the various things in format you can adjust your text to suit.

hope this helps

shelly

Attached Files:

3. Shelly

Shelly

ps if you only want the bottom text then hit return in the text box and then type your text,follow menu as above. so that basically your text starts on the second line.

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Shelly already helped you out so i'm just gonna leave it to:
    " You're as thick as a plank! "

just kiddin i feel your pain! :bighug:
    maybe you can use these?

:beer:

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Shelly, I couldn't have said this better myself!
    I'm going to use your screenshot obove on my FAQ and new tutorials page!!

- Marc

6. Keeper

Keeper

I am not too bad with the ins and outs of a PC normally. The problem with the original instructions I found they were a bit hard to follow. Shelly's made more sense...Let's put it this way, my wife programmes software, repairs it on-site and online and trains people to use software and hardware in hospitals and she didn't understand the original wording to do this!!

I am thick but not that thick!!! :Homer:

7. Ironmaiden71

Ironmaiden71

Oh my...I love this.... I just about beat myself into a bloody stump on my computer trying to get my bottom text to curve upward
    thanks Shelly,
    Love your name btw