Help Help..........

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by GDillon, May 15, 2007.

1. GDillon

I must admit this software has whooped me!!!! I have tried everyway to get this to work and used 3 different Programs, Frontpage, Dreamweaver and Web Expression and I get the same results.

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong here, I get the flash object uploaded and all you see is the object and it tells you it is loading but never does. I have read the instructions well but you would think that the designer would put an example up of what he means by same level. What is a level? Do you remove the items from the asset folder? What has to be done to get this to work??????????????

Very frustrated with a program that I thought would simplify my life and keep me from using flash mx...............
  2. tsims

I had a similar problem, but found that not only do you have upload the .swf file and the assets folder, but you must upload the fonts folder as well. I believe the continous loading is caused by the flash file searching for the components in the assets and font folders. If there is no font folder , then the loading screen runs continuously.
    Click the test page I created below. It should work. The .swf file in the root directory with the assets and font folder in the root directory as well.

New Page 1

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Terry is correct. (Thank you very much Terry!!)

Upon the export from FAC, it creates three things. The swf file, the asset folder and a fonts folder. Uploading all three is necessary for the ad to work. I created a VERY fast one and created a page using Frontpage and uploaded it in about 3 minutes. I didn't do any resizing of the photos to make them look good, I was just trying to do a test to upload and ensure it works.

If you need specific help with Frontpage, I'd be happy to help.