Help for Creating Seals???

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by nadlewarrior, May 24, 2006.

1. nadlewarrior

nadlewarrior

I'm using LC v.4

Does anyone have some examples of seals they'd be willing to share? I can't seem to make very good ones.

To Mods: Could a future release include a section specifically for creating high quality seals, maybe even with embossed features?

Any ideas or examples greatly appreciated.:helpnow:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum nadlewarrior. Really interesting idea. Do you have a theme idea you are going after?

This is probably a thing that having dingbats on board as a real plus. Because they work as fonts there are all the effects that you can do to fonts.Dingbats come in all sorts of themes and shapes. They layer beautifully no background issues and no color issues..Really clean images Just download from a font site and install to you OS font folder.
    http://www.fontfreak.com/index3.htm

3. nadlewarrior

nadlewarrior

Thanks, I'll look into the dingbats...good idea. I was struggling most with getting the curve/arch of the text on a round seal to work. I looked at the tutorial you offer on the main site, but still can't seem to master it.

Not mine, but an example of a type of seal I'd like to replicate. [​IMG]

4. KD-did

KD-did

Also look into "HINTS and TIP" for all types of help.

Fonts by nature can really play a big part in trying to get things just right.
    Try doing the text in two parts...it will allow you adjust the top and bottom differently. Just remember the first text line is always the top and the second is the bottom. Write you first line...adjust as necessary. Then when you want to do the bottom hit "enter" and that will place the cursor on the second line, which will make it the bottom. Hope this helps.