HELP EXPORTING, SAVING MY TLC PROJECT FOR COMMERCIAL PRINTING

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by calidozo, Sep 24, 2012.

1. calidozo

calidozo

HELLO,
    I created a logo/project on TLC 5. I need to upload it to VistaPrint for commercial printing of a large banner and large poster. When i upload my exported/saved file to their website it warns me that the file size is to small and quality is to low for the poster or banner.
    If someone can please be so kind and tell me what is the proper way of saving or exporting my TLC project for commercial large printing.

Thanks,

2. KD-did

KD-did

The file needs to be vectorized....that is converted to ESP file format. You can use an online service to vectorized your file or if you have a friend with Adobe Photoshop abilities you can have them convert it for you.

3. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Hi calidozo, I'm no expert. But based on my experience, when your projects cause you to exceed your original image dimensions (even if it's just a little) you can lose serious image quality due to pixelation. You may need to convert your image to a vector graphic that's scalable, thereby retaining image quality when enlarged.

Please see the following link to learn more ...Hope this helps!
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/convert-to-vector/

4. calidozo

calidozo

So what you are basically saying is that i need a third party software or service to finish my project. I basically wasted my time using TLC. I should of never used TLC and should of just used Photoshop like you suggested instead of having to use 2 different Software witch is very inconvenient. I thought TLC
    was a all in-one software to create logos, but i guess i was wrong.

5. KD-did

KD-did

It is your project that dictates the file requirements. TLC is a fine product in most cases but when it comes to commercial uses requirements change.

6. calidozo

calidozo

Yes i understand , and thanks for your help. I just wish i would of known before i purchased TLC and put a lot of valuable time in my logo. All i needed to do was create a logo, and then export it to the right format and size to print on a banner or poster, i though i could do it it with TLC but i guess not. i will invest in different logo software maybe more high end or professional .

7. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Hey calidozo, me again. I do understand your frustration completely. However, you should carefully consider a couple of things:

First I would like to point out that I did mention your plight to a friend of mine who happens to have syck Adobe Photoshop CS+ skills, and he was very quick to point out that even if you had Photoshop, you would still need an additional program under Adobe's Creative Suite to vectorize your image because Photoshop produces fixed-pixel files. He further advised that such a conversion could easily be done under a program like Illustrator, which raises my next point:

Adobe's Creative Suite does in fact represent industry standards in design. With all due respect however, these programs are "not" for the faint-hearted. They are "not" programs that are simply employed, and then layed aside as is convenient for the user. They are for those who (in my opinion) will basically become walking versions of these programs. (lol) Because they are so complex, designers must devote themselves to them entirely ...and sometimes over several years before becoming proficient, let alone reaching an expert level. So not to be insulting, but at this point you're goal is to simply add your logo to a banner & poster, again raising my next point:

You're already at an advantage, so don't gamble on perhaps not being able to use a difficult program after spending several hundred dollars. Luckily for you, the hard part is already done. Your logo has already been created, and now all you have to do is convert it to vector. And I dare to speculate that in retrospect, if you add up the money that you spent on TLC (in addition to your logo conversion to vector) the money you've saved will put a smile on your face. So in contradiction to your above post, I just want to say that your time using TLC was well spent.

Please understand my friend, that I'm only asking you to reconsider before walking away from the best alternative to expensive design programs with ridiculous learning curves, and of course ...lots of headaches - THE LOGO CREATOR :)

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

BAM! An excellent comment!

gotawebsite likes this.