Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Bob Keith, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

I'm not a chatter, on line or in person. I just wanted help. Can someone tell me how to get circle text underneath an orb and still be able to read it without standing on my head. I've got a great logo for my company; thanks to TLC but I need to put a statement arched under the logo. I've already got a tilte arched over the orb. Just can't figure this out.

Note: I disigned my logo in about an hour with TLC and it looks AWSOME. But it took me about the same amount of time to figure out how to post a question on this forum. I'm not comfortable with forums. I just want answers. I'd show you my logo but I can't figure out how. Sorry for my impatience.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

LOL...
    Hi Bob.

Welcome to the forum.
    I know, it's hard to get the hang of these forum things (I still get intimidated in others' forums!)

To create text that wraps around in a circle... type two lines of text.

The top line will arch like a rainbow, the bottom line will arch like a smile.

If you just want the 'smile arch' at the bottom, leave the top line blank.

Take a look at this tutorial and see how the emblem was made.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/tutorial_08.htm

Hope this helps some Bob!

Oh, and to attach an image ... while typing your post, you'll notice further down the page a small button that says "Manage Attachments". Click it, and then choose the 'browse' button.

- Marc

3. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

Thanks! That's just what I needed to know. I've got it now! I'm trying the manage attachment thingy. This is the logo I'm working with, trying to modify.:image10-1: Any suggestions would be great.

Attached Files:

4. Mr Laughingbird

NICE Bob!
    Thanks for sharing.

I see you're getting the hang of this forum thing too!

5. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Looking good

MAYBE a little bolder type font (the white)'
    El Gato

6. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

Bob Keith's IWM Logo

Hi,

Well here's my modified logo. I would like your opinions and suggestions on improvements. Also I keep getting little gashes and cuts on the circle text. What causes that, and how can I fix it?:SayingHi:

7. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Hi Bob your updated logo didn't get attached. Try one more time

El Gato

8. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

oops

oops, I forgot the image. Here it is.:image10: I wish I could show you the full sized image but it's too large for the forum. Is there a way to make the outer circle thinner? I used the thinest one I could find in the shapes images category.

Attached Files:

9. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Bob.

Yes, take a look at the "Shapes Font" tutorial here:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/tutorial_07.htm

With the shapes font, you can create a large white (or any color) circle. The shapes font is a font ... so you can add outlines to it just as you can with any font.

Change the thickness of the outline.

see if this helps.

10. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Thanx Marc, I'd never seen that tutorial..Is there an index page for all the tutorials?
    El Gato

11. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

Circles & more Circles!

Yup! That's just what I wanted. :image28: Thanks! Check it out. I can't deside if I like the white background or the blue shaded. I think the light blue looks grainy. I'll probably stick with the white.

Attached Files:

12. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

New Problem

I've been working on a banner under the logo. I can't get the lettering right. :image09: I need a wider radius but this is as wide as I can get. I would like it to match the radius of the banner. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

13. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

How do I start a new thread?

I've been playing arround in the forum. Trying to get a feel for it. Managed to make a signature. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread! I know I can post a reply but how do I start a whole new thread? I've done searches trying to get answers about my banner text; but nothing I can find addresses this problem.

14. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

New Disign

Here's a new disign that I like a lot but it looks awful, pasted to an email when saved as Transparent png. Here I've saved it as a Jpeg / Quarter size. Of course, it's still a work in progress. I think I like this design way better than the banner patch design. What do you think?

Attached Files:

15. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Good Work

Your design is great...Think a little bit more with the fonts..
    For scaleability..........
    El Gato