Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by amj, Oct 5, 2007.

1. amj

amj

I am a technology teacher of about 700 students in Houston, Texas. I personally purchased this software so I could showcase my students work using the flip books. :image07:

2. Wicked

Wicked

Hey that sounds interesting.. I am sure everyone would be curious to see your students work if you ever care to share their progress.

3. amj

amj

I sure will. Give me about a week and I'll email you back with the link to the book.

4. Wicked

Wicked

awesome

Thats good to hear.. What programs are they using? Or is just canvas type works they are doing?

5. amj

amj

They work that I will showcase will be from last year. I probably won't start posting this year work until Late December. Last year, the programs we used were: Pixie, Image Blender, & WebBlender from Tech4Learning, Easy Tech, Microsoft Word and PowerePoint, KidPix, Windows Movie Maker, and we also did a little photography. We of course had to use testing software like Lexia, SleekIt, Classworks, etc.

I want to do more with podcasting this year. Tried it two years ago. The photography would be awesome but our cameras are way outdated and hardly work. I want to have an in-house digital fair late spring so we have a lot of work to do.

Are you a tech educator?

6. Wicked

Wicked

I am not a formal educator but I can say I have educated a good bit in my time.. I have been a web developer amongst other online titles for about 9 years running now. So I have shared my knowledge with others when I can and have used numerous programs along the way. As well I used to offer web developing services to the locals in California and after building their websites or business I would need to educate them on how to manage it and administer updates and such.
    I think what you do is facinating though.