Hello to all

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by bluporcelain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. bluporcelain

bluporcelain

I just purchased the logo creator..
    I am having issues already:image09:, I sent an email to marc and hoping he will be able to get me straight so I can start seeing what all of you are so happy with.

I can't wait to try my new product out and I am really hoping to be able to create some really cool logos.

Hope to become an active member..
    Thanks

2. KD-did

KD-did

bluporcelain, welcome to the forums. There is plenty of help here in the forums...what can we help you with?

3. bluporcelain

bluporcelain

Thankyou

Thankyou for the howdy.

Well, you see, my problem is this..

I purchased my software (new) boxed and when I load it (attempted to load it) It is asking for the key and there is no key in the box with the disk.

Now I may be missing something because I can't figure out what to put in the key spot.. Is there a number or something somewhere on the Box? It also is saying that there should be a quick start booklet, nope that is not there either.

This is actually the second box.. I sent the first one back and they sent another only to find the same problem.. So it must be me. I really wanted to check out this software program but I am stuck.

I found Marc's email and sent him a request for help, but have not heard yet.

So there you have it. lol my problem in a nutshell.. At least at this moment.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Laughingbird Software puts the key is on the CD... that way the key can't get lost.BTW...it is better to send a PM through the forum a his email fills very quickly... and after that emails are lost to cyberspace.

5. bluporcelain

bluporcelain

Ok, I admit it I am dumb.. I do not see a key..

Can you be more specific as to where the key may be.. thank you.

6. KD-did

KD-did

It is only 8 digits long and is case sensitive printed on the CD itself. Where it is exactly may vary on what retail version you have. If it is part of Broderbunds Printshop or ProPublisher it is on the install CD right under where it says "Install/Program/" it says key code.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi bluporcelain.
    Welcome.

And I'm sorry I had missed this thread earlier.

So, you purchased TWO boxes from a local retail store and neither had the unlock key?

The older boxes that had version 4.1 in the box should have come with an index card (a 3x6 index card) that said "Quick Start Guide" on it. This card has a key. (an eight digit key as KD mentions above).

The newer boxes have the key printed directly on the CD label.

I am no longer working with the people who packaged the older boxes of The Logo Creator, but unfortunately, the boxes are probably still on the shelves.

If you don't see your key bluporcelain, please PM me and I'll send one to you immediately.

I'm sorry for the troubles.

Marc

8. bluporcelain

bluporcelain

Thank you, Thank you

I have it up and running.. I can't thank you enough.

KD tried so hard to help me, she must have thought I was nuts when I could not see what she was telling me. LOL
    We have it all sorted out now.. I think.. Now for the fun stuff and to make something!

Thanks again.

9. KD-did

KD-did

LOL no I just couldn't figure out what was going on...I hadn't figured that you had an older version than V5...

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Welcome BP!!

I'm glad you got your small problem figured out. Now, it's time for all of the fun to begin. If you need anything else, the forum is a great resource.